Dragon 2002 review by Paul Reed Smith

Paul Reed Smith: Dragon 2002

Purchased from: Oversea's USA

I play Fast Solo songs Like Carlos santana so I needed guitar with a low Action and good pick ups. Before I bought this guitar I bought a Fender Cyber twin Delux Which I should say cost me an arm and leg the both go great together. I don't like to use effects for guitars beacuse I mostly like Clean sounds which given Beautifuly by the Dragon 2002.

I've been playing about 6 years now and I have my own band there called "Phoenix" . The Different guitar's I have were Fender Startocaster 60's (red) Gibson Les Paul 50's (Yellow &orange) a Maton Master sound (brown) and I only have two Amps My Fender cyber twin Deluxe and Fender Princeton Chorus. I bought for outragest body work and the Great clean to mean sounds.

I've accidently drop the guitar beacuse the strap was stuck to my foot and feel on a wooden floor board only got tiny sratch . I was most definite use this guitar when I play live Beacause I get the most attention form people watching me Cause the loook of the guitar (LoL).

This was custom made guitar So I had to wait some time before I recived it cause I live Australia so I had to Order it from the USA. The two humbucking pick up's Are A Shiny Gold playted. There was long scratch on the back I only notice it after 2 days form gettign it. But beside that 85% of the guitar is covered by a dragon face evret single Detail wuz put it to it from those Man eating teeth And Bullet eyes you could think the Dragon wuz gonna Come alive at any minute.

The Guitar waz made In the USA it has it is a 24 fret guitar so you can reach those screaming notes its and Solid top. On the guitar it has two knobs one for Volume and another for the tone and it has one tone contol Switch like on Gibson Les Paul. It has Strong double bridge and two Humbicking pickups.

which ones pink
    I CAN'T BELIVE YOU GAVE THIS GUITAR AN 8!!! THIS IS THE HIGH END OF THE HIGH END OF PRODUCTION GUITARS. WTF?!?
    xenocide01
    IAmTimDixon
    Kain_Doom01 wrote: xenocide01 wrote: im extremely annoyed at the fact that someone could actually give this guitar anything less that a 10. This guitar is the epitomy of guitar perfection. Ive personally played a 2002 Dragon and i feel it deserves a 10. enough said... if you dont feel the same... thats your problem.. Compair this to a JIMMY PAIGE CUSTOM LP THAT is a 10 guitar bud, no other guitar deserves a 10 but that beautiful piece of electronic grace, beauty, and f--king AWESOMENESS!!!
    That Jimmy Page Les Paul doesn't have an inlaid dragon on the top of guitar...it also doesn't cost $25,000. Dick.
    mattgab1
    Short of this gentleman posting a picture of himself online holding this guitar (with its scratch on the back), I will agree with everyone else and proclaim that this person made all this up; but enough of that.
    carvinusa13 wrote: you have to be tripping if you try to tell me that ANY gibson is worth a ten. look at the bridge. it has such horribly tiny bridge posts that no sustain can be had.
    Personal tastes aside, I must point out the inaccuracy in your conclusion about the sustain. I own an Epiphone Les Paul Limited Edition from 1996, I believe. I was playing a riff from Tool's 10,000 Days at my guitar mentor's/friend's house. I had not known the next part of the song, so I let the strings simply ring, while stating that I didn't know what came next. My friend plays Fender and respects Gibson more than he likes them. Anyway, while letting the strings ring, without provocation, he remarked, "Man, that's nice sustain." This is simply a rebuttal to counter what is, in my experience, a false criticism of the type of guitar I use (since I don't have a real Gibson). Whether you or I think it is worth a ten or not is another issue entirely.
    fluffylump2 wrote: And since when is Carlos Santana a "fast solo" player?
    Nothing against Santana, but this rhetorical question makes me chuckle from time to time when I recall it.
    mattgab1
    Aethen
    mattgab1 wrote: Because of how late I decided to write that post, I forgot to mention that; despite Australia being an English-speaking country, this post suggests that English was not this gentleman's first language. In fact, it seems that he was exposed to the language merely by adolescent text-messages. This is a good review, though, for its comedic value.
    Hilarious! I totally agree. Also i like how in the review he talks about himself for the Impressions sections
    kyshack
    I have to agree with the seven or so comments above this one. Too funny man.
    Cave_Troll
    For the love of God/Hendrix, please can someone who owns this guitar write a proper review for this, it deserves way more than that pile of trash. If there was a list of everything that makes a review bad that guy just ticked off every box....and probably added a few boxes.
    dadudeguy
    what really puzzles me is the fact that he gave the features a 6...after fu*king up the list of features. i think this guy is retarded and deserves to have his shit pushed way in.
    gh2dude
    This dude is a moron, how did his review get added but both of mine get turned down? I at least didn't start rambling on about stuff nobody gives a $*%! about, ie. a band haat I'm in,etc., and I displayed an actual understanding of the instrument and cd that I was reviewing, as well as a basic understanding of the English language.
    Steveeboy
    I'm lucky enough to own one of these dragons and have seen mixed reaction to the visual appearance but can confirm its one of the best guitars i have ever played. Its still not as good as my pre factory PRS but will not disappoint anyone who plays it. I have been a private collector for 30 years so have played my fair share of high end guitars. you can get them cheap now so buy one if you can or better still buy a pre factory PRS.
    ffaf12
    despite beeing one of the worst written reveiws ive ever seen its also a butt ugly guitsr, its paul reed smith so im sure it sounds great but if i was playing it id have to reframe from looking down at it, frankly its a single cut (which i love) with a peice of s### dragon stuck on it... nuff said.....yeah
    Analogeric
    I can drop my keys ,Ican drop my glass but how can I drop an 30K Guitar? you r a fool and fool of shit
    anty
    why do you talk about yourself in the section abou the impression of the guitar your talking about. you people go way off course and think your being interviewed by metal hammer
    T-Unit33
    im confused as to why he gave this guitar an 8 in the "finish" section. There is a giant dragon on the front of your guitar...no quilt top or sunburst can beat a big angry dragon as your finish.
    tuluks
    that dragon in the guitar must really wanna come out and bite you in the ass for dropping him all over the place, and for giving him a sh*tty review...
    Fergaroo
    This guy has serious issues with grammar and most probably common sense if he gave this guitar such a low score. .
    kaliba
    fluffylump2
    why does he capitalize random words? And since when is Carlos Santana a "fast solo" player?
    Kain_Doom01
    kaliba wrote: im intreaged to how you got the strap stuck to your foot. i bet your heart stopped when it fell.
    He prolly had it laying down and stepped over to pick it up, on the strap XD And when it tugged back, his grip wasn't tight for obvious reasons, and WHAM!!! heartattack
    SynGates7X
    nope. the jimmy page les paul isnt at all worth the money it costs. the dragon deserves a 10 however.
    GitterMan
    How do you notice 2 days after buying a 30k GTR. That would have been the first thing I looked for. Cybertwins sound like shit. If you have that much for the axe buy a proper amp.
    carvinusa13
    you have to be tripping if you try to tell me that ANY gibson is worth a ten. look at the bridge. it has such horribly tiny bridge posts that no sustain can be had. look at a prs. no company beats a prs. especially a dragon. it's the best of the best.
    DaveForte
    Agreed. This guy cannot own this guitar. It's worth a definite 10, in every way. You either need good luck or a great education and job to afford this in the first place, to ensure my point, the excessive use of the word "wuz". Explains itself.
    mr kipling
    It says that it was reviewed by the UG TEAM, and yet it has horrible punctuation.
    Nightfyre
    *drools* wow, i'd go for a guitar like that... i hate being poor... maybe i'll get something and have a custom job done over the finish, but i'd love to have something that cool looking. i bet it sounds killer too...
    Kain_Doom01