Mark Tremonti Signature review by Paul Reed Smith

Paul Reed Smith: Mark Tremonti Signature

Purchased from: Musikkinstrumenter.no

The guitars solid mahogany body gives a very deep and rich tone and it truly sings. The treble and bass pickup has a very different sound where the neck pickup gives a strong bluesy tone with nice warm feel. Whereas the bridge pickup is dirty and hot with nice sustain. Overall I can hands down say that this guitar suits any style and it will excel at any area. I myself play blues, country, rock and metal. And this guitar will probably be the one guitar I will ever need.

This is my guitar. There are not many like it, and this one is mine. My guitar is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. Me without my guitar, is useless. Need I say more? This guitar has fulfilled every aspect of what I expected and still surprises me. If it were lost I would buy a new one that I would use as a sledge to hit the sorry sod that stole my first one because it is heavy as hell.

The guitar is a tank! But it handles like feather. A truly well made instrument it feels solid and it is solid. I have not dropped it in the floor (thank god) but I bet it would survive pretty much anything. The strap buttons are large. I had to "modify" my strap to make it fit, but it's worth it as it removes the need of strap locks. The tuners are so precise and easy to "retune" that I could use this on a gig without a backup. Being passive it does not need a battery. The finish is made to last a lifetime.

I do not know if my guitar came factory set up as I did not inquire upon it when I received the guitar. Apparently the guitar was to come with "nines" in string gauge, and that it did. The finish was exquisite and all edges were perfect overall smooth and shiny, but all of this is what one should expect from Paul Reed Smith and a guitar in this price range. The tone/volume pots came off pretty easily, I do not know if this is normal, but they are still tight and precise.

This guitar is a single-cut beautiful piece of wood. The body is made of solid mahogany and maple top. You can really feel the weight of this thing it is really heavy, but the guitar is still well balanced. It has a mahogany neck with a rosewood fretboard, the classic PRS bird pearl inlays. The profile of the neck is wide-thin which really feels nice and the finish of the neck is absolutely beautiful. About the inlays pre-2005 editions of this guitar has a "Tremonti" text inlay on the twelfth fret. The guitar comes with quilted or flamed maple and pretty much any color you want. The bridge is a tremolo of PRS make, it is of good quality and feels and handles good the pre-2005 editions do not have the trem-up routing. Overall the guitar roars of Paul Reed Smith quality which easily sets the bar for top of the line guitars. Body - Mahogany Top - Maple (Quilted or flamed) Neck - Mahogany Fret - 22 frets, 25 length - Rosewood Hardware Bridge - Tremolo with Trem-Up Routing Tuners - PRS 14:1 Phase II low mass locking tuners Truss Rod Cover - Tremonti Hardware Type - Nickel Treble Pickup - Tremonti Treble Bass Pickup - Tremonti Bass (Covered) Pickup Switching - Volume and Tone Control for Each Pickup and 3-Way Toggle Pickup Selector On Upper Bout

AngryGoldfish
    neoamir wrote: dude.... you've been cheated on the prics... though it's a quality guitar... in israel they sell it for bout a 1000 dollars...
    I think his model may be the expensive one. The issue that Tremonti actually plays.
    Chevelle454
    i had a gibson before until my friend dropped the guitar and broke the neck. i replaced it with a PRS. The quality and sound is ten times better, as well as the service i get with the PRS
    sg4ever
    This guitar is better than a comparatively priced Les Paul in my opinion.
    LambOfFoden
    Usually I'd call someone out on a 10/10/10 w/e review, but i beleive this dude. A Tremonti Sig PRS? 6500$? It better f**kin be 10/10. Hawt gitter mang.
    SeanX3187
    Rajah
    Seref I'm thinking the price was not in USD, considering the url of he place he bought it from.
    That would have to be the case.
    sparkeyjames
    This guitar sells for $2500 or so U.S. Dollars. I cannot believe that they jack the price up that far in Norway. Even $2500 is a bit much unless it is made by hand with a single dedicated luthier working on 1 guitar at a time. Though chances are it is still CRC machined to an extent then hand painted and hand assembled. Is the Tremonti name worth that kind of premium?
    Notmewtwoguitar
    SeanX3187 wrote: haha, guys, the site is based in Norway. And if i'm not mistaken, they're using the Norwegian Krone, which if he payed $6500, would be roughly equal to $1,200 USD So, I hope that clears things up for you.
    It's good to see someone around here has some sense!!
    Ishiga
    PRS is known for being ridiculously nice for their price. Same price gibby versus a PRS, no contest. Quality control is top notch. I wouldn't dispute this guys' review one damn bit, I've never played a PRS I didn't immediately love.
    JayLacelle
    i don't care how good the build quality is NO guitar is worth $6500. if you compare it to a an axe half the price i'd bet you couldn't even tell the difference.
    mrrman
    The^Unforgiven wrote: wouldnt..! wrote: paul reed smith are probably the most over priced guitars made, good though but come on....6,000 dollars!! The guitar didn't cost $6500, and even if it had, Gibson would still hold the championship for most overpriced guitars.
    exactly...I want at Gibson but not at those prices
    agreenleaf
    I have this guitar and I would personally rate it all 10s. It is the best guitar I have ever played. I have the Charcoal Burst one with a flame maple 10 top. Absolutely gorgeous looking and sounding! Pricey, but worth every penny. You get what you pay for. Mine was $2900 USD and came with a custom molded case.
    The^Unforgiven
    Bovaiveu
    Hi the price is correct, in Norwegian Kroner it is 35.000 (which is the list price from the importer) . I realised later, that i could buy it from america and get it at roughly half the price. The guitar was a truly wonderful buy and i don't regret it, but the guitar is the heaviest guitar i have ever played apart from the gibson robot guitar (first ed)
    fallnangel33
    PRS all the way. And i love this guitar and the SE verson (dont own them but i have played them). And just read threw all the reviews. It is an expensive guitar (U.S. price or anywhere) but it is truly worth every penny. Sound, quality, everything. And on the thing about this being over price and shit like that. Gibson definately holds the trophy for that. Remember, this is a signiture guitar (be like buying a slash signiture gibson which is more expensive then just a regular les paul). And just to prove that Gibson holds the trophy on overpricing, i was talking to a Gibson hook up i have (i play in a band and have a friend who is endorsed by Gibson). After i talked to the guy about the guitars (keep in mind he works for Gibson) he even told me that they were extremely over price and for the price range i was looking for ($500-1000) i was better off buying a high end Epiphone Les Paul because they have better sound and quality than alot of the low end Gibsons ($500-1500). So i did buy an Epiphone Les Paul and it was a limited edition custom and I'm truly happy about it. But when i have the money (or if I'm lucky enough to ever get a Paul Reed Smith endorsement) this guitar is on my list to get.
    dldavidl8
    Hey buddays,Is PRS the shit,i can get a limited ed Karina Santana..for 2500 bucks,,the guy tells me this axe will quadruple in value,in 10 to 15 years..is this correct..its a sweet axe besides that point,with the karina wood..he says its the best wood for resonance available???im a newbie,can ya tell?
    Years
    UG reviews need to stop giving every product super high ratings, defeats the purpose of the rating system.
    sparkeyjames
    So the OP got a deal if the currency converter I used is accurate. 2,500 US Dollars = 14,231.13 Norwegian Kroner. He paid $6500 which is less than half. Still too much.
    rockerwannabe
    I just bought one of these last week and although I only clocked in about 1/2 hour of playtime, i was really impressed. It's my first PRS and I already own 4 Les Pauls so I can readily compare. it's not NEARLY as heavy as an LP Custom but probably heavier than an LP Studio. But you just can't beat the neck. It's smaller than an LP but not too small like the Wolfgangs (which are tiny! - I own two of those, too). I obviously haven't logged in enough time to truly comment on it yet but I plan on playing the shit out of it for some time to come. It sounds incredible - a very nice growl - and the sustain is right up there with a heavy Les Paul. And as far as I can tell, this is actually the least expensive non-SE PRS guitar available (not why I bought it but a nice bonus). Rock on, UGites!
    ebeneezer1970
    Guys, Allow me to say that this guitar ( the Tremonti signature and not the Korean SE-version )is the best thing I ever bought. I played Gibson, Epiphone, Duesenberg and others before, and nothing beats a PRS. Even the standrd or custom model feels way better than any Gibson ever did, the Tremonti wide thin neck only makes it better. Here I bought it for 2600 . Some search on the internet proves me that in the U.S standard retail prize go from 2600 $ tot 4000 $, depending on the finish. 6500 $ is maybe overprized, but if the guy is lucky with it, why bother ?? This guitar is much lighter than a les Paul and plays like butter. Sustain, harmonics, pitches... It does it all. PRS's are indeed not cheap, but they have become a standard in metal and in other genres as well. I never believed when I read that PRS were the best guitars in the world, until I played one. Please try one befor judging. I own a charcoal burst and it suits me better than all other guitars I've ever owned together. Gibson is okay, but they detune all the time. PRS doesn't. Never, even in extreme conditions. The feel and scale of these beauty's are extremely brilliant. Am I endrosing now or making free publicity ?? No, I'm just a very satisfied customer.
    haz_uk
    don't know why this dude is keep going on about it being heavy, it really isn't.
    joey arce
    they are worth it they are every bit as good as a les paul or a hi end strat
    wouldnt..!
    Psycho|@_@|
    Notmewtwoguitar Glad to see people go to Google before they start running their mouths. My uncle has this guitar, its sick. Pinch Harmonics are the easiest thing in the world with that guitar.
    Seref
    AngryGoldfish think his model may be the expensive one. The issue that Tremonti actually plays.
    Just checked Google (and the PRS website). There's the Tremonti SE and the Tremonti Signature. The Signature was $3,000 from Sweetwater. The SE was in the range of $500. I'm thinking the price was not in USD, considering the url of he place he bought it from.
    Fanbar
    the prs strap buttons are great, theyve never let me down (touch wood)
    neoamir