Mark Tremonti Signature review by Paul Reed Smith

Paul Reed Smith: Mark Tremonti Signature

This guitar sounds insanely good. I play mostly Hard Rock/Metal, blues and pretty much any other rock. This guitar covers everything well. The bridge pickup is very aggressive and delivers insane overdrive and lead tones and the neck pickup is very warm. But this guitar doesn't just do overdrive well, it also delivers the most beautiful clean tones I've heard from humbucking pickups. The neck pickup is very warm and the bridge pickup is very bright, but where this guitar really shines is with both pickups engaged. The clarity of this configuration is amazing, seriously shimmering cleans. My amp is only a Marshall MG series 100w solid state amp but this guitar makes it sound great. The amp has a crunch mode that I never used before because it sounded awful and now all of a sudden it sounds good with the PRS.

Overall this guitar is even more impressive than I expected. I also own an Epiphone Les Paul Custom and this PRS absolutely destroys it in every way (which is to be expected for the price difference but is still impressive none the less). If it was stolen or lost I would first of all have a breakdown and then try to scrounge up the money to buy another one as soon as I possibly could. The only thing this guitar doesn't have that could improve it in the slightest is a coil tap but I don't use single coils much anyway so that doesn't worry me at all. This is the best guitar I've ever played, let alone owned. I absolutely love everything about it, the feel, the sound, the looks and the features. So if you like singlecut guitars that can provide great tone and playability no-matter the genre then I highly recommend this guitar, its worth the price.

I have only had this guitar for a short time but it certainly gives the impression of being well constructed and durable. I have never gigged with it but would certainly do so without a backup. And the strap buttons on this thing are very good, once the strap is on there it does not come off easy. I have the feeling that this guitar will last for years to come without any problems.

The guitar came set up amazingly well, the action is perfect and the bridge was set up perfectly. Props to PRS for the amount of effort and care they put into their guitars. The construction is absolutely flawless and there are no imperfections in the finish anywhere. My particular guitar is in Black Gold Burst finish which is simply amazing and the flame maple top is gorgeous.

This guitar was made in November of 2011 meaning that it comes with all the new appointments including V12 finish, pattern thin neck carve and Phase III locking tuners. These new features are all amazing, firstly the neck carve is thin enough to play fast but still just thick enough to be comfortable. The V12 finish looks amazing and the phase III tuners are smooth, precise and hold tune insanely well. The Tremonti model also features a mahogany back and neck with a Flame maple top, 22 frets with a 25" scale length, Tremonti Treble and Bass humbucker pickups, two volume and two tone knobs with a 3 way selector switch and a full floating PRS tremolo. The inlays are Shadow birds, basically they are bird outlines with a lighter brown filling. They look amazingly good, by far my favorite bird inlays PRS has done.

saint_berzerker
    Wow...the amount of clowns on here that actually think the thing costs 6500 bucks. Ha! Go to school, guys.
    CJSchecter96
    come on people, the tremonti thats like 6000 is a custom order from PRS where you pick your color and everything. if you get one from Guitar center its lik 2500 because theres only like 2 color options. just look stuff up.
    CJSchecter96
    Sinfinity000 wrote: $6500? It's half that everywhere I've looked...
    yeah from stores. Straight from the company its 6500 msrp orr whatever because you have more options. in stores its cheaper cause they only supply limited colors.
    ITheFight
    I got my 2010 charcoal burst off Craig's list for 2400$ on new years night. wow what a great guitar. Way different then my 24, but learned to adapt to it and I love it now. I heard they sound killer with mules.
    andlosch
    Just purchased a 2010 used charcoal burst singlecut 10 top tremonti prs. I also have a Gibson traditional pro with plus top as well as an ibanez js1000. The Tremonti kills them both on sound and playability hands down.I paid $ 1,600 US dollars used (some minor buckle rash otherwise very good)