SC 250 review by Paul Reed Smith

Paul Reed Smith: SC 250

The SC 250 has a very hot output treble pick up and almost Vintage sounding bass pickup. The bass pick up has an amazing tonal quality, plugged directly into the mixing board, with very little reverb the pick up had a comparable tone to my Gibson acoustic. Simply amazing for an electric guitar. Switch to the treble pick up, with some delay, again directly into the board, MAN this baby screams, it was amazing how much this cut through the mix while retaining awesome tonal quality. Mind you this is directly into the board. Plug this baby into any Mesa Boogie head and it almost screams perfection. Plug it into a Vox amp with just the bass pickup activated, man this baby can get some extremely awesome clean tones.

I like to play a little of everything from Johnny Cash, Jimi Hendrix, and Bob Seger, to more modern stuff such as Doors Down, Creed, and Seether. For almost all musical style this guitar would be a perfect match. This guitar is the best investment you could make in an instrument.

This thing is extremely reliable, it stays in tune amazingly well. I only have to tune it once a week, which is great considering I am OCD about my guitars tuning. 4 months of heavy use and no dings, dents, drop outs, scratches, I would absolutely gig without a back up(if I HAD to) and feel confident with it.

The action for the guitar is great considering I got it a year after PRS shipped it to the manufacturer. A little buzzing up past the 12th fret but nothing to noticeable. Other than that everything on this guitar was simply perfect right out of the box.

22 frets with a 25 inch scale length. Wide fat mahogany neck, rosewood fret board with abalone bird inlays. Manufactured in 2008 in the USA. Gold stop tail bridge. Gold phase II low mass locking tuners. Uncovered SC 250 treble and bass humbucker pickups. 3 way toggle switch, a volume and tone control for each pickup. Single cut body. Hardshell case.

eetfuk58
    no, this is not an SE model. This model cost 2500-3000usd.
    SilverchairFan
    EpiExplorer
    NHECOS wrote: And how much did it cost??? Looks expensive.
    Chevelle454
    I bought a Custom 24. As it came set up from the factory, it can do any style of music. Extremely versatile, and great looking too
    sstony
    Without a doubt PRS are top of the line guitars that can cover any style of music. I have the singlecut satin trem, I never gig without it.
    SeanX3187
    EpiExplorer
    SeanX3187 wrote: SilverchairFan wrote: EpiExplorer wrote: NHECOS wrote: And how much did it cost??? Looks expensive. From the sound of it, maybe one of the low end ones, which are still kinda midrange, so about 300 - 500? And YES, nice to see a decent axe on the frontpage.. Anyone gonna go and buy Mikael Akerfeldts Custom PRS? I seriously wanna play that.. The SC 250 is almost 3000. And even the SE line is more expensive than 500 usually he's talking about pounds, NOT US/CA dollars which is why that particular symbol was in front of his numbers. and for the SE models, he's exactly right.
    Thankyou, Mr Sean 8D
    SilverchairFan
    I knew it was pounds he was referring to. And in Canada, SE models are more expensive than that, thats what I was saying
    favoritethings
    Who cares guys. If you really liked it, you'd look it up on your own time to buy it. You guys waste a lot of time arguing over something as easy to find out as a price.
    weetadsftw
    guitarsftw
    EpiExplorer
    guitarsftw wrote: weetadsftw wrote: EpiExplorer should be banned from ever commenting on reviews. He never has anything to contribute. Anyways, top of the line guitar! Although I'm kinda getting tired of seeing the 10 10 10 9 10 reviews About the first thing you said: I totally agree. About the second thing: I agree on this as well. But it always makes me so conflicted because about 99% of the time, the extremely high ratings are due to a NGD high, even if the guitar DOES deserve the ratings it gets.
    Yeah, I love you guys too O.0 And I do believe I didnt start that silly argument anyway.. More helpful than anything else