SE Billy Martin review by Paul Reed Smith

Paul Reed Smith: SE Billy Martin

I like to play many different types of music but mostly stay with the good rock like Three Days Grace, Linkin Park, Switchfoot, Disturbed, Sum 41 (the new Sum 41) and I could go on forever. The guitar has much range of sound. I use it with a Line 6 Spyder II 15 watt amp which is probably the best amp for the money that I know of because of the features and the quality. You can get a bright acoustical sound from the guitar, or you can get the deepest darkest hungriest growl (and everything in between).

This guitar is fairly new and not many have it. I can't find much info about it and haven't read one other review on the internet about it I don't think. The store I bought it from was waiting a long time to get their PRS guitars shipped in and when they did this guitar was bought off the shelf in under 4 hours. Very nice and wanted line of guitars. The guitar suites me perfectly and it was a good price too. The guitars msrp is around 600 dollars but you can easily find them for 500 and under. This guitar stuck out of the crowd when I was guitar shopping. I like the looks of it a lot. All the employees at the guitar store were extrememly surprised that it took 4 hours before this guitar was sold. I got there in the nick of time casue I guaruntee that this guitar would have been long gone later that day.

This guitar would be great for live playing (obviously since Billy Martin uses this same basic guitar). The hardware seems solid, the finish is durrable and looks great. Very dependable guitar.

the guitar is set up perfectly from the factory. For me at least and the pickups are well adjusted. The guitar has a really nice finish that doesn't normally come on mahogany. It's a flat black and on the fret board it has green dot inlays and a green design that Billy Martin (lead guitarist from Good Charolette) designed himself.

2004, korea. A while back, korean made guitars were nothing to be desired but now, they are some fine guitars. It has 22 frets, with a rosewood fret board. The neck is very fast and smooth. It is made from mahogany. Most people think of a heavy guitar when the hear mahogany. I'm not sure what PRS did to make it lighter, but wow it's very light. There is a 3 way selector with a tone and volume control. The two PRS made humbucking pickups give a great variety of sound from jazz, to hardcore and metal. The tuners are locking and the guitar stays tuned for a long time which is good. With the guitar came a gig bag. This gig bag is one of the daddies of all gig bags, it's very hard and padded and is very well made. Looks good too.