SE Billy Martin review by Paul Reed Smith

Paul Reed Smith: SE Billy Martin

Purchased from: Marks Music

This guitar suits my music style very well as I play the same type of music billy plays himself. The tone on this guitar is the best I've heard on clean considering that it has humbuckers. In distortion the guitar has so much power! The sound of it is brilliant, best PRS SE model on the market!

This guitar is a very good match to the music I play. I also own a PRS Tremonti SE and they go well together. If it was stolen it would be very likely that I would get another one. The best thing about it is the variety of tone and sounds you can get. I also love the green inlays and bat on the 12 fret. I have compared it to my Tremonti and my dads Gibson Les Paul Custom and it wins on the fact of sound, and how much it cost compared to the Gibson!

This guitar looks solid enough to gig. It's now going to be one of my main guitars so I will be gigging it regularly. I'm gigging it without a backup at my next gig in a couple of days because I can trust it. It's a very solid guitar. The only thing is that the finish marks realy easy so I have to clean it alot!

This guitar had no flaws what so ever in the set-up. It was fine. The intonation was perfect. The wood on the neck is very nice, smooth and alows fast action. The pickups are well positioned and the hardware id adjusted fine.

The SE Billy Martin Model features a solid mahogany body and glued-in mahogany neck with a rosewood fingerboard. The new matte black finish is complemented by black hardware and green inlays with a special bat design on the 12th fret (drawn by Billy himself). The electronics include two PRS designed humbuckers, a 3-way pickup selector, volume and tone knobs. PRS designed stoptail, PRS designed non-locking tuners. All hardware on this model is black 25" scale length mahogany 22-fret neck with rosewood fretboard and green Billy Martin designed inlays (dots with a "spooky" bat that stretches from 11th to 13th fret). Neck carve - wide fat.