SE Custom review by Paul Reed Smith

Paul Reed Smith: SE Custom

Purchased from: Steve's Music (Toronto)

This guitar is probably the most versitile gem I have seen. I play a wide range of genres, including Metal (Iced Earth, and Blind Guardian), Classic Rock (Jimi Hendrix, AC/DC, and Led Zeppelin), Punk (Misfits, and Afi), and the great Santana. With every style of music, this guitar pulls through without any flaws. I use a Peavey Backstage Transtube Amp with a Korg AX5G pedal. I use very Heavey distortion, clean, wah, and somtimes a nice warm sound, and it's not noisy at all. This guitar has no flaws, when it comes to sound. This is almost a perfect sound, for any genre.

This guitar is a great alternative to an expensive Paul Reed Smith guitar. It sounds amazing, feels amazing, plays amazing, it's versitile, and reliable. I play almost everything, including metal, punk, latin rock, and classic rock. This guitar delivers with every genre I decide to play. I love everything about this beauty. I fthis guitar were stolen from me, I would definatly buy another one. When I was at Steve's Music, I had my choice numbered to 2 guitars, PRS SE Singlecut, and the PRS SE Custom. I played both on the same amp, and they both sounded amazzing, but there was somthing about this Custom, I still can't describe it, I just knew that it was it. You'll have to go and try all the guitars in your price range that you like out, and see for yourself, maybe you will have the same feelings towards it as I do. I would recomend this guitar to anyone Who plays any type of music. If you love Paul Reed Smith guitars, but are on a budget, this is as good as it gets, no lies, it is the best guitar I've played that's under $1000. It's only $750 guitar, but it sounds like a $1000 guitar.

This guitar will definatly withstand Live playing, and I know that it will last. The Hardware (pickups, bridge, tuners, etc) will last a life-time. The finish is beautiful (because it's a Paul Reed Smith) and it will last a very long time. I would probably not use it at a gig without a backup, because it does go out of tune, with lots of bending, so that could cause problems, without a backup. It is, however, dependable. I've had it for a year, and it's still in almost mint condition. Simply wonderful.

This guitar was perfect, I bought it new, so there were no rust marks, or scratches. I have mine in Grey Black, and it's simply beautiful. The Finish is undescribable, and it looks sexy. The Flamed top is great, and it looks almost exactly like the Paul Reed Smith Custom, I love it.

Well, this guitar is made fairly well, it was made in Korea, with 22 frets. It has a Wide-Fat Neck which is made from Rosewood, I beleive. It's body Shape is a double Cut-away, flamed-top Finish with signture PRS non-locking Tuners, PRS Humbuckers, and a PRS Tremolo, or PRS Stoptail Bridge. It has a Volume, and Tone control, with a 3-way toggle selector. If you were to buy this sexy guitar from Steve's Music, they supply the PRS SE gig-bag, a new cable, and a hand-full of "Steve's Music" picks. It's got good features. One thing that is very impressive, is that if you have the volume full, the distrotion is up, but if you have it turned down low, the distortion is low. Only 1 thing I wish this guitar had, was Locking tuners. Other than that, this guitar's features are great.

ever dying
    Thats the only PRS from the SE series that I don't have.. Yet! It playes great, and will be mine as soon as I got the money
    f0x_guitarist
    i have one of these, they are freakin sweet Get them at Guitar Center, i got mine cheaper there than i could find any where else, including musiciansfriend
    Dano69
    Ha Ha I'm getting sponsored by PRS, and im getting a new 2008 model SE . . . and im getting the cradle of filth signature guitar! BALLS! thats fine.