SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary review by Paul Reed Smith

Paul Reed Smith: SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary

Purchased from: A friend

I play christian Hard/alternative/indie rock and praise and worship and this guitar plays them all very well. I use a Peavey Valveking 112 and I get an amazing interaction between the tubes and rolling off the volume. It does not squeal or make any noise. For fun I like to play some country and Jazz and this guitar is capable of it all.

As I have said this guitar fits my rocking style perfectly. It has the sound and the look that I have been wanting. I have been playing for about 15 years I also have a Fender Telecaster, Schecter C-1, Harmony Hollowbody, PRS SE Standard 22, and a Goya acoustic. This is my go to guitar. The only thing I wish I had asked before I bought was why did I not know about this before. If it were stolen or lost I might look at getting a legit PRS Custom 24 but for the money I would def get this one again. I love the look and feel about this guitar. I do wish it had the body binding cause I think it adds to the look but that's my opinion. I compared it to several SEs and this one won out.

I have been using this guitar for a month and using it every weekend and as a daily player and it holds its tuning. I do use locking straps so that's not an issue for me. I consistently use this guitar without a backup. The finish and the bird inlays make this a beautiful guitar.

I do not know how it came from the factory because the guy I bought it from sets up guitars before he sells them. The action I have on this guitar though is the best of any I have ever played. Its low enough to where your fingers glide across the strings but not too low to where there is a buzz. The maple quilted top on this guitar is beautiful. It was perfect when I got it.

It's a 2000 Korean made PRS. 24 Frets Wide thin neck. Maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard. Its a mahogany body and a quilted maple top. It's the Custom 24 body style that PRS is famous for. PRS designed tremolo, HFS treble pickup, and a Vintage bass passive pickups. It has one volume and one tone knob. It comes with the PRS designed tuners and I put locking straps on it. The gig bag this guitar comes with is one of my favorite parts. The only thing that could have made this better is a coil split to make the pickups single coil or humbuckers