SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary Review

manufacturer: Paul Reed Smith date: 04/20/2012 category: Electric Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Paul Reed Smith: SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary
This guitar fits my rocking style perfectly. It has the sound and the look that I have been wanting.
 8.8
 9.6
 7.9
 1,953
review (1) pictures (3) 1 comment vote for this gear:
SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 20, 2012

Purchased from: A friend

Features: It's a 2000 Korean made PRS. 24 Frets Wide thin neck. Maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard. Its a mahogany body and a quilted maple top. It's the Custom 24 body style that PRS is famous for. PRS designed tremolo, HFS treble pickup, and a Vintage bass passive pickups. It has one volume and one tone knob. It comes with the PRS designed tuners and I put locking straps on it. The gig bag this guitar comes with is one of my favorite parts. The only thing that could have made this better is a coil split to make the pickups single coil or humbuckers // 9

Sound: I play christian Hard/alternative/indie rock and praise and worship and this guitar plays them all very well. I use a Peavey Valveking 112 and I get an amazing interaction between the tubes and rolling off the volume. It does not squeal or make any noise. For fun I like to play some country and Jazz and this guitar is capable of it all. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I do not know how it came from the factory because the guy I bought it from sets up guitars before he sells them. The action I have on this guitar though is the best of any I have ever played. Its low enough to where your fingers glide across the strings but not too low to where there is a buzz. The maple quilted top on this guitar is beautiful. It was perfect when I got it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have been using this guitar for a month and using it every weekend and as a daily player and it holds its tuning. I do use locking straps so that's not an issue for me. I consistently use this guitar without a backup. The finish and the bird inlays make this a beautiful guitar. // 10

Overall Impression: As I have said this guitar fits my rocking style perfectly. It has the sound and the look that I have been wanting. I have been playing for about 15 years I also have a Fender Telecaster, Schecter C-1, Harmony Hollowbody, PRS SE Standard 22, and a Goya acoustic. This is my go to guitar. The only thing I wish I had asked before I bought was why did I not know about this before. If it were stolen or lost I might look at getting a legit PRS Custom 24 but for the money I would def get this one again. I love the look and feel about this guitar. I do wish it had the body binding cause I think it adds to the look but that's my opinion. I compared it to several SEs and this one won out. // 9

More Paul Reed Smith reviews rating category latest review