SE One review by Paul Reed Smith

Paul Reed Smith: SE One

This guitar suits my style perfectly considering that it has an amazing clean tone and is perfect for my genre. (Modern Prog Rock and Opeth) I'm using a standard Marshall Combo amp for a small room setting, however I'm not using any effects except for the pre-built ones. It is somewhat noisy and somewhat not, of course on my high gain channel it has a lot of static, but I don't mind it at all. If anything the sound is more bright because of the fact that the pickup is close to the bridge. Variety? Well I can bend, hammer, pull off, tap, etc. on it but that's pretty obvious.

Again, I play Progressive Rock and Opeth style stuff. I have been playing for 4 and 1/2 years now, and I also own a Schecter and a Fender, all three I love equally. I don't have regrets, now, about owning this guitar. I think it's perfectly well suited for me. I love everything about it except for the fact that it is no longer made. Favorite feature: the contour on the neck. And anything I wish it had, well, sometimes I wish it had a simple Tone Knob so I can go from Bright to Mellow. Overall: Great Guitar, worthy investment, good entryway into PRS, perfect for me.

Easy this one. Very Reliable, and will easily stand live playing. The hardware will last, good strap buttons. I have used it but I don't know about the backup thing. Maybe if it was a small gig.

The factory setup was really nice, unfortunately it was on the shelf for some time because I was playing it in the store and the strings were dull. The Pickup was perfectly fine, and the action was perfect. Absolutely no flaws whatsoever, except for the strings thing.

This guitar is Red and made as a A Mahogany Body and Neck with an Indian Rosewood Fingerboard. It only has one Soapbar passive pickup and a lonely little Volume knob. Made in Korea in I believe 2010, and has 22 jumbo frets. And to top it off the standard PRS Tuners and the PRS bridge. It did indeed come with a very nice PRS SE Gigbag which includes a hanger.

doug.henninger
    I got one from Korea locally in tobacco burst and it had the pickup replaced by a DiMarzio 4-wire DP209 (a P90 pair in a soapbar format). That means I can add a 3-way switch to select rear or both or front coil. I will convert the volume pot to a concentric one to allow volume as well as an adjustable tone control in one control unit. That should kick it up 2 notches. Bought barely used at $260 and about $50 in parts and labor to wire it.
    Alice in pain
    I frigging love the tone of this guitar . One pickup and I can rock out just fine . My first PRS but I would dare say not my last.
    doug.henninger
    Take the original review with a grain of salt. The guy did not even mention P-90.... he calls the pickup a 'soapbar'.