SE Paul Allender review by Paul Reed Smith

Paul Reed Smith: SE Paul Allender

Pups are a bit bright. I play through an MG 100 stack and with good distortion I can get really close to early Metallica (Kill 'Em All). Good sustain and the clean is unbeleiveable! Beautiful sound. The Tone knob works well as it should. The lower you go the warmer the sound gets.

I play everything from Metallica to Willie Nelson. Turn the tone knob and you can get whatever you need. Playing for about 13 years and this is pretty sweet. It is a flat top and the finish is much better than any picture. If it was stolen or lost I would probly get another one. I love everything from the way it looks to all the sounds that I can tweek out of it. The gig bag that it comes with is great. Nice and thick, big straps and a decent pocket for cables, flask or whatever.

Haven't played Live but when I pick it up it is always ready to rock. No reason to beleive that it will fall apart any time soon, seems pretty rugged. Strap buttons are good, very thick. It will take some effort to get your strap on or off. Very dependable, not sure I fI would use it with out a back-up cause you never know. Haven't noticed any scratches throught the finish. Sometimes I get carried away but so far so good I guess. Gave it an 8 only because it hasn't really been stage tested.

You can set the action to whatever you want really. I have it set low and there is no buzz and I don't expect any. It hangs really comfertable and is light on your shoulder. Fit's nicely in your lap also. Pictures do not do this guitar justice. The purple is very pretty. It has a binding around the body that looks like dark maple and looks good also. The black and gold hardware really complement the purple. The bats are awesome! They are very detailed and really intricate. The neck is fast, smooth and not too wide. A little thinner (From E string to E String) than the Ibanez Wizard necks, but not as chunky as a Gibson or as frail as a telesacter neck.

First of all, I have never listened to Cradle Of Filth and really don't know much about it. Anyway, got this for Christmas last year. No complaints out of the box. A little tuning and it was almost perfect. My guitar guy gave it a once over and now it is Stellar! Stays is tune really well.

J.J.G.
    Paraiyan wrote: stephen_rettie wrote: 13 years but you play through an MG, i find this hard to believe HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....nice
    the 100 stack is actually not so lame. still an MG sure...
    Paraiyan
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....nice
    guitar968
    i was thinking about getting this guitar but i already have a prs se custom so would this be worth it do you think
    urnonav
    I just bought this guitar a few months ago. Lovely guitar - both in terms of aesthetics and utility. It's incredible how varied the tone can be if you play with the tone knob and with the pickup selection. However, if you want a thick tone, this might not work. I so far managed to cover Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Opeth and also some old school less heavy stuff (e.g. Aerosmith) with this and a Line6 PodXT Live. All tones worked out beautifully.
    Riser
    just need the money now, looks and sounds like a sweet guitar
    Patterson93
    iv had mine for a few months and i i havnt stopped playing it, its great for almost anything the colour really catches the eye aswell, probably one of the most beautiful guitars iv seen