SE Paul Allender review by Paul Reed Smith

Paul Reed Smith: SE Paul Allender

You can get pretty much any sound out of this guitar ranging from brutal death metal, to twangy country. The EMGs can get a little harsh on the clean channel but come on, they're active EMGs! With distortion this thing sounds amazing. The pickups give it a really warm, thick tone. With the coil taps you can get pretty close to a Strat or Tele sound, although there is a noticeable drop in volume when using the coil tap feature.

I mainly play metal, blues, and classic rock. This guitar suits just about any style. I can get some heavy Cradle Of Filth sounds, as well as twangy Black Crowes sounds out of it. Even though this guitar is mainly geared towards metalheads, I would recommend it to any other musician as well.

I don't play live, but so far this guitar is very reliable. I've accidentally banged it against walls and stuff pretty hard a few times, and there isn't a single scratch on it. I replaced the strap buttons with DiMarzio clip locks, but I'm sure the original strap buttons would be very reliable.

Factory setup was pretty decent. There was a lot of buzzing on the low e string, but it was easily fixed by adjusting the truss rod and saddle height. Other than that the action is perfect. The thin, wide neck is perfect for fast, comfortable shredding. Another thing I love about this guitar is the intonation. Out of all the guitars I own, this one has absolutely PERFECT intonation. Every single note and chord sounds perfectly in tune.

This guitar has a scarlet burst finish, PRS designed tuners, PRS designed tremolo, a 24 fret ebony fretboard with bat inlays, and EMG pickups with coil taps. Also has a volume knob, tone knob, and a 3 way pickup selector

SkyValley
    I would be all over this if it didn't have those god-awful stupid inlays.
    Heideck
    hmmm, people bought it between 300$ and 800$, quite a big margin...
    si`
    I hate mine and cant sell it because no one wants it lol
    James TH
    Save yourself the time and money and get the Torero. It's a little more expensive, same finish, nice fretboard, EMG pickups, Floyd Rose, and a best made SE model in my opinion.
    feathers632
    This is my guitar. I like it. My other guitar is a Schecter Hellraiser Diamond Series FR.
    ant_smusher
    "and specially wound pickups that were designed for Paul" So he can just turn around and sound like shit hahahaha ****er
    si`
    craig-sansum wrote: si` wrote: I hate mine and cant sell it because no one wants it lolwhy you hate it?
    bought it without trying it at all off the internet. I just find the neck uncomfortably thin. I like necks like my women. Thick lol.
    bastards
    I really want one of these, except maybe without the bat inlays. Purple and gold!!!!
    Weszilla
    I have one. Love it. Mine has the EMGs and scarlet burst. The Ebony fretboard is like butter and the pickups are pretty hot. I definitely like the neck pup more, but the bridge is pretty solid for metal. I play more Vai stuff than CoF though.