SE Santana review by Paul Reed Smith

Paul Reed Smith: SE Santana

Purchased from: Tom Lee Music

You can virtually get any sound you want out of this guitar. From a spiky Strat to a nice bluesy sound to a jazzy warmthy sound, This guitar has all you need. You can produce a flawless clean and Switch to a death metal roar with no added noise or anything. I'm using a Marshall AVT50 Head with a standard Marshall 4X12 stack and I couldnt ask for better.

My other guitars are: a Custom Stratocaster (too many different parts to name), and a D'armond single cutaway. The only other thing I want to do is buy another PRS Santana SE (different colour of course) with a stoptail instead of the tremolo. I wanted this guitar since the first time I ever saw it in a Guitar World, and now I have to say that it is still surprising me with new sounds everyday!

This guitar has lasted about a year of constant abuse and it hasn't changed since the day I got it. I use this guitar for gigs regularly and when I can't bring my other guitars, I don't worry because I know that my PRS won't let me down.

I have had this guitar for about a year now and I havent changed a thing on it. The action & tremolo setup was just perfect. The only thing I had to do was tighten up the strap holders. Thats it!

Made in Korea under licencing by PRS guitars, this is one fine ass guitar! 22 frets, double standard stock PRS humbuckers (H/H), 3-way selector (neck, bridge & combined) with a volume and a tone knob, you can't get any better than this. Mohogany body & neck without pick guard and cherry red laminated finish. This guitar is a double cutaway, with a designed PRS tremolo and PRS non locking tuners. Mine came with a soft case, string savers, cable & an extra spring for the tremolo.