SE Santana review by Paul Reed Smith

Paul Reed Smith: SE Santana

Purchased from: Elderly's

I play alot and i dibble dabble into different genre's i've managed to go from nu-metal (Lostprophets, Linkin Park) to alternative (incubus,hoobastank) to Jazz. So this guitar is it for me. The sounds on this is undescribably good. It's definitely not a shredder's guitar.

I've always wanted a PRS but like many i dont have the money to drop for one. So this the next best thing. I've been playing for 3 years now and this is the best guitar i've played in awhile it seems like the SE models are way better then there standard and customs.And this axe sounds better then a swamp ash i played. If you're just starting to play i suggest this axe if you have knowledge about guitar brands. or if you've been playing for awhile but couldnt get you're hands on a US made PRS.

Being that this is my 2nd guitar I really don't have a choice but to rely on it live. But if it wasnt this would definitely be one of my main axes. I think this thing will defintely stand up against time and my playing (I dont play really heavy.)Only problem i had is that sometimes it falls easily out of tune. (which is rare but it's happened).

Action is a little bit high. Pick-ups where on point. No physical flaws as far as i can see.

This is a 2002 model Pre-pickguard. Royal blue, 22 frets, Covered PRS humbuckers, 1-volume Switch, 1-tone Switch. It's a stoptail model. Made in Korea.