SE Santana review by Paul Reed Smith

Paul Reed Smith: SE Santana

Purchased from: The Great House of Guitars

I play stuff of all kinds of rock, whether it be punk, metal, alternitve or classic. Ex: Sum 41,no Use For A Name, Greenday, Metallica, Offspring, Linkin Park, Led Zeppelin, Cheap Trick, and much more. For my own band , I play a mix of hard rock and punk. For anything I play, the prs is great. I play this guitar through a Peavy Bandit 112, and a DigiTech RP50 effects pedal, and it seems like every day this guitar impresses me more and more with its great sound compared to my other guitars.

This guitar is a great match for my style. I have been playin for 4 years now, I also have a B\.C\. Rich Bronze Warlock and an Aria STG. If it were stolen or lost id definetlly buy it again. My favorite features are the finish, and the headstock (it looks soo damn cool), and the over all way it plays. I compared this to a Gibson SG Standard, and a Les Paul Standard before buying it. I chose this becuase it played just as welol, and was less than half the money. This is by far, my favorite guitar I own. I recommend it to anyone.

This guitar withstands anything I do to it including live playing. The hardware seems like it will last forever, and the finish seems like it's going to last very long. The strap buttons are extremlly solid, to test it I jump around, do the "Around The World" thing (throw guitar around my shoulders and many other tests which proved them strong). I can definetlly depend on this guitar, and I would bring it to a gig without a back up, but I still use my B\.C\. Rich as a backup just incase.

The actrion on this guitar feels just as good as a Gibson and you pay half the cash for it. The Pick-ups are perfect, I wouldent change them unless they broke, but I doubt that will ever happen. This guitar has no flaws, it's perfect.

- Made in Japan - 22 frets - Two humbuckers - Rosewood fretboard - Royal blue finish - 3-way selecter, one volume and one tone knob - Stratocaster-like tremolo bridge - Deluxe prs gigbag