SE Santana review by Paul Reed Smith

Paul Reed Smith: SE Santana

Purchased from: N/A

My style of music ranges evreywhere from Korn to George Benson (a jazz writer). Overall you can get any sound out of this guitar and still like it. For an amp I am currently using a Crate FXT30 with all the sound effects you can think of in the amp. Noisy? Nah. A very rich and full sound. And almost on the top for bright.

I play evrey kind of music you can think of, and it is a great match. I've ben playing for about seven years and love guitar. Nothing at all this guitar is flawless in its own way. I would say that I would have to get somthing else due to the lawsuit that was recently filed against the SE versions of PRS guitars. If that lawsuit wasnt there then I would buy one as fast as I could. I compared this guitar to a Gibson and an Ibanes Joe Stratini model, standard but this one just had somthing about it that I loved.

While I have played with this guitar, not one thing has worn down in live playing. I have played for numerous amounts of people over time andit is great. The hardware in the guitar is very top of the line for this price range and about 300$ up. It will last me for a long time. I am very dependant on this guitar and I would never do a gig with a backup. I feel that this guitar is so good I will never need a backup, even after years of use.

The guitar was set up with out one flaw, pickups were adjusted perfictly, and the top was very well bookmatched. The bridge was routed outstandingly also. And like I stated earlier there was not one flaw on this guitar.

This is a 2004 model PRS Santana SE. I personally don't care where the guitar was made as long as the quality still shows. This Korean made guitar still shows all of the qualities of the great PRS name. It has 22 frets which delivers a good range when I play music with a very large fret board. With a laminated top and a mahogany body and neck and a transparent cherry finish it is as good looking as it sounds. A volume knob, one tone knob, and a 3 way selector is all you get and frankly all you really need for this guitar. The tuners are PRS' own brand and are non locking. With the guitar I got a kit of tools, a gig bag, a chord for the amp and a warranty to go with it.