SE Santana review by Paul Reed Smith

Paul Reed Smith: SE Santana

I play jazz and rock. This guitar has a great sound whether it's clean, slightly overdriven, or heavily distorted. I use it with my Crate 15 watt practice amp and a digitech distortion pedal. The humbuckers respond well and don't feedback or give off unwanted sound.

I have only been playing about 2 1/2 years and this is a great intermediate/beginners guitar. I would definetly buy it again if it was stolen. I love the sound and the sunburst. I do not like the slash inlays, though. I would have preferred the eagles or even dots. I also own a Fender Strat. I highly recommend the SE line for anyone who would like an affordable, quality PRS.

It stays in tune very well, the tremolo is strong and durable, and it will withstand live playing.

It was set up perfectly, I just put on some new strings and I was ready to play. I showed it to one of my friends who does repairs and he said it was perfect.

This is a 2005 model Santana SE. Go to www.prsguitars.com for specs. 22 frets, tobacco sunburst, 2 humbuckers, 3 way Switch. Gig bag included.