SE Santana review by Paul Reed Smith

Paul Reed Smith: SE Santana

Purchased from: Online music store

I play 80s metal, blues, classic rock, etc. The guitar fits my style perfectly. And it always seems to sound better than the other person's guitar, that said from the other person! lol This guitar has the PRS sound and quality. Why wouldn't I buy it? No-brainer. Amps: Fender Princeton 112, Marshall 50wt. Both amps run together, all the time. Guitar is dead quiet. I have no idea as to what style of music this guitar could not be used for.

I play metal, rock, blues. 20 years of playing. I would buy this again, a few times over. I love everything, except the single tone and volume knobs. I chose this because I couldn't afford a full blown PRS. I will be purchasing one soon, but I will not put the SE away at all. It really is that good. Would be nice if all Korean guitars were as nice.

I have played out with this guitar many, many times. I have been playing for over 20 years now, and I can tell you that this guitar will hold up, no matter what. If I could rate higher than 10, I would.

Setup was perfect from the factory. I did raise the pickups a bit myself, but just a tad bit. The top is bookmatched really well. There were no flaws, but I can say that after a few years of owning the guitar, the finish is beginning to not be as bump-resistant. It seems to accept slight scratches more easily these days. I can't say if this is the finish breaking down, or what. I am still happy with it though.