SE Santana review by Paul Reed Smith

Paul Reed Smith: SE Santana

Purchased from: Scheitel's Music

I play alot of metal and hard rock, along with the light clean sounds too, this guitar is great for that style delivering awsome sound both ways. I am currently using a Mode 4 half stack through a DigiTech RP200 effects petal. This guitar is not noisy at all it does exactly what you want it has awsome an awsome variety of clean sounds. The 3-way toggle Switch allows you to Switch from the front pickups to the back pickups and to both pickups at the same time.

I play metal and this guitar is great for me, I have been playing 13 years and own many other guitars and amps. When I bought my guitar I was told it was made in the USA, I didn't think I had to look, but when I got it home I realised it was made in Korea. If I had my guitar stolen I would buy another PRS maybe not the same one, but deffinately a PRS.

I have played alot of live playing with my guitar and have never had any proble with it. I feel like my guitar will last forever, athe strap buttons are not solid, I would use this guitar without a backup anytime. The finish will last along time cause mines like brand new and I have played this many times.

When I recieved the guitar it had a nut at the end that should have been made for size 5 strings and the intonation was almost backwards, but nothing a little time can't handle. Also I use size 12 strings with the guitar so I had to go in and have a new nut put on because my 4th string down would not stay in tune and I couldn't set the intonation for that string. The pickups were pretty low when I first got it. The only flaws that I have with the guitar was the problem with the nut and the insert for the cord will never stay tight no matter how tight you tighten it up and I am also having problems with the volume pots.

My PRS was made in 2002 in Korea, with 22 fret bound rosewood fingerboard fat neck style. The body is made of Mahogany finished with a Vintage cheery gloss coat. This particular guitar has the special PRS tremlo which is kind of a cross between floyed at Strat style tremlos. Passive humbuckers, there is one volume level with a tone level also, and a 3-way Switch between pickups, PRS style stoptail. Currently I have the factory pickups still in which are PRS style bass humbucking pickups. Non-locking tuners. The PRS SE also c came with a gig bag, truss and tremlow tools, and a cable.