SE Singlecut review by Paul Reed Smith

Paul Reed Smith: SE Singlecut

Purchased from: www.Imuso.co.uk

The sound is amazing, and the sustain is out of this world. It is ideal for all types of music, I play everything from AC/DC, Led Zeppelin through to things like Stereophonics. I also enjoy playing the blues and this gutar handles it very well. I use it with a Zoom G2.1U multi-fx pedal and I have yet to hear it sound out of place.

I love playing things like Led Zeppelin and it replicates this type of sound amazingly. This is only my second guitar, my other is an Ibanez GAX30, this was intended as a starter guitar as I've only been playing for a year. I tried out a number of guitars at the local music shop, I was origionaly going for a Epiphone LP but I'm glad I found this, its worth the extra 70. I love everything about this guitar, it looks, sounds and feels amazing.

I haven't had it to long but I've had no problems so far, it looks solid and everything seems in place, nothing is loose.

The guitar was set up perfectly at the factory, I didn't have to ajust a thing! There are no flaws in the guitar. The finish is amazingly smooth, making movement around the guitar a breeze.

This LP-style guitar was made in Korea. It features 22 frets, a mahogany neck and a mahogany body with a maple top. The finish is amazing, very smooth. It has two humbucker pickups made in house to PRS standards. It has one knob for volume and one for tone. Includes a gigbag.

Dudage
    It seems everyone calls guitars with one cutaway a Les paul style...
    Strongbow
    GumbyEater : whats the purpose of not getting the normal double cut model? With a les paul, I can understand why a single-cut is preferable because of the classic les paul look, but with a PRS where the double cut is the classic look anyways, why stoop to single cut? I played both yesterday and i preferred the singlecut but before i saw them in reality i prefered the double cut away the SE double cutaways i think look flat IMO. Anyways fantastic guitars, specially for the price im going to buy one.
    thirdeyepried
    I think gibson tried suing PRS because they said the body shape was too close to a Les Paul. PRS won.
    guit-fiddle
    You bought yours for 823.5??? i wuz lookin at it at a store and it was only 549!!
    Mad Adam
    i've been planning to get one of those but maybe i just go for a gibson les paul...i dunno..gibsons are just so goddamn overpriced
    Tremonti_Rocks!
    I suggest you buy a PRS they are much better than a Gibson and you'll save oads of money oops, i forgot 2 put the quote in lol
    GumbyEater
    syafiq_roslan
    Because they like the shape of it,not everyone likes the double cut shape,and besides,how many people can actually afford a gibson?Owh yeah,btw,in the guitar world video demo of this guitar,he said the se singlecut is also available with a trem,is that true??