SE Singlecut review by Paul Reed Smith

Paul Reed Smith: SE Singlecut

The sound is great, with the humbuckers this is really a versatile guitar. Anything from metal to classic rock to blues, you can play it on this guitar with the right amp. However you might not be able to play crazy Steve Vai, whammy bar reliant licks, as this guitar doesn't have one.

For the value I don't know of much better guitars. It is definitely a worthy purchase. If my guitar were stolen I would not buy it again, as I wouldn't have enough. Let's just say I'm not willing to let it get stolen. I do wish it had more tone and volume control. The two knobs are not only few in numbers, but they also don't look that great either (sort of cheap plastically, more so than usual). I love the finish, the tone, the versatility, the playability, etc. I am not an absolute expert on guitar, and I encourage you to keep your minds open to other guitars if you are searching for a new one.

I haven't really had this guitar long enough to accurately make an assumption of its durability. But in terms of reliability, I would trust this guitar with my life (well, maybe not my life). As of right now it isn't wearing away or anything, but like I said I haven't had it that long. Check reviews of people Who had for a better description of this guitar's durability.

The guitar I received was well made and assembled. The action was just a little high for my liking, but that can be fixed. It is well-crafted, and I haven't found a flaw in the body. It fits well when standing up and when sitting down. It seems slightly more thin than its LP counterparts, and I think it weighs less. I haven't really gotten tired while standing up with it.

Made in Korea. 22 frets. Nice finish (way better than it is in picture). This guitar has no whammy bar, and only one control for tone and volume each. This means the humbuckers have to be set the same. Other than that, the features are fine. The finish really can even beat out a Gibson LP if you like it. Mine is much darker around the edges, unlike in the picture. If you want a whammy bar there is another similarly priced PRS with one, check into that. The body isn't a completely flat-top, don't worry, it has decent carving in it.

~Danny~
    Hah! I was actually considering saving up for a year for a Gibson Les Paul, not any more.
    TheGunslinger
    for all you Gibson fanboys out there, smarten up! I bought this guitar in octobre and ive been using this and only this! Yes, its a cutaway. yes, it remotely resembles paul but match this up against your crappy 3000$ Les Paul and guaranteed youl prefer the sound of this guitar! so befeor you go waste you hard earned money on a Gibson I'd suggest you at least shop around and look at some PRS guitars because they are much better!
    ~Danny~
    Hah! And I was going to save up for a year for a Gibson Les Paul. Not any more.