SE Singlecut review by Paul Reed Smith

Paul Reed Smith: SE Singlecut

Price paid: C$ 700

Purchased from: The 12th Fret

I play mostly Rock/Metal and this guitar suits it perfectly but i also play alot of everything from blues to jazz to punk which this guitar is also good for. I currently use a Roland Cube-X30 which is a 30 watt amp and I use mainly distortion, and Overdrive with this But the over Drive effect doesn't come with this amp its a Boss Pedal, but the distortion is built in. I'll be honest the pickups have a little bit of static but then again I have shitty cable so that could also be the problem. This guitar has a very warm sound when you use the neck pickup, on the bridge pickup you get a nice rich sound.

Overall I think this is a great guitar for both starters and Pro's it fits any music style. I would definatly buy this guitar again if it was stolen, lost, or broken. I love the headstock design and the only thing I hate about it is the pickup selector Switch is at the bottum of the guitar. I wish it had 2 Master Vol. Instead of 1 of I'm getting a Gibson Les Paul Studio Premium Plus soon anyways.

I can't realy say much since I only had this guitar for less than 2 years but so far is its like when I bought it theres nothing wrong with it. The only thing that might brake after years is the pick up selector Switch and that's cause I use it alot. The strap buttons are solid. And this this guitar is dependable you oculd use this on a gig without a back up. And the last thing I have to say which is about the finish is that is probably would out Live me

this guitar is very well set-up in the factory, the only thing that came loose was the Jack but that can be tightend and it wont loosin if you tightin it. The pickups are great theres no problem with them. the bridge is set up perfectly too. The finishing is near perfect there are about 2-3 spots where there are some mistakes but they are barly noticable you can only realy see it if you lean in close. The finish will probably out Live me cause I have bumped this guitar into so many things and the finish still hasn't come off. Now it would of been good if there is a pick guard on it cause it a bit scratched from all the playing. But even that can only be noticed if you reflect light from it

I'm not sure but I think it was made in the year 2001 in Korea built by World Musical Instrument Co. This guitar has 22 jumbo frets and the fret board is made of rosewood. This guitar has a solid top. The back is made of mahogany and the top is maple. The neck is mahogany. The finish on this guitar is a beautiful Black finish, this guitar is a Singlecut cut of other wise known as cutway/halfcut. The bridge on this guitar is a Tune-o-matic so it stays in tune very well. It has 1 Master vol. And 2 tone controls with a 3-way selector Switch. The pickup that came with it is PRS designed Humbuckers 1 Neck and 1 Bridge. The Tuners on this guitar are lokcing. And when I bought this guitar it came with PRS cables which suck first off the cables didn't even go in the Jack thats how deformed they were. and it came with a padded guitar bag.

Owenlee55
    lotrpippin
    Owenlee55 wrote: hey guys, arnt these ones discontinued or somwthing coz i heard gibson took PRS to court becaaus it resembeld a LP to much. i may be wrong.
    nope, there was a lawsuit but it was resolved in PRS' favour. which is good cos i'm gonna buy one of these guitars
    Stone Agean
    "Overall, this is the perfect match for me as far as playing original music and covering other artists' work."
    I dont understand what else you can do on a guitar. :S