SE Singlecut review by Paul Reed Smith

Paul Reed Smith: SE Singlecut

This guitar sounds GREAT. The bridge pickup has plenty of bit where as the neck pickup gives a very warm sound. I play alot of blues and classic rock and alternative and the guitar works great for those styles. I had some 13's on her to play in a metal band and it worked great for metal. I use it with a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and she sounds amazing. The bridge pickup is great for punk/ metal/ shredding where as the neck is great for blues/ soloing without harmonics/ strumming chords.

This is an amazing guitar. Very nice. She's a keeper/ I've been playing six years and I really feel like I made a solid investment. With some upgrades she'll be competing with top of the line gibsons. If this guitar were stolen I would probably take the chance to upgrade to an american prs Singlecut 245. I really love playability of this guitar. I compared with the Ibanez ART series when purchasing this guitar. I just liked her a bit more. Seemed more solid and she is a prs.

This guitar will take alot I've dropped her my fair share of times and shes fine. The hardware seems good I just hate the bridge prs puts on there guitars. Its really tedious adjusting intonation on it so I will probably replace it eventually. I had to put some fake wood in the strap button holes to get them to stick. I'll probably put locking buttons on pretty soon here.The finish is great and should last a very long time.

I cannot really say how well the guitar was set up. I bought her on clearance she was kind of dinged up. I know I have done alot of tweaking with the action intonation and truss rod. I changed the nut. The guitar wasn't flawed in any way from the factory she doesn't feel like a cheap guitar. I would place her overall feel a bit higher than a Gibson Studio Les Paul.

This particular PRS was made in 2007 in Korea. It has 22 frets and a nice chunky 50's style neck. It is a solid slightly figured top. This particular guitar is in sunburst tobacco finish and is nice looking but leaves a bit to be desired. It is a Les Paul style guitar with a fixed "McCarty" bridge. Passive electronics. The guitar has a Switch to Switch the humbuckers from bridge neck and combined. The tuners are just Standard nickel plated tuners. Work fine. Might upgrade to locking tuners. The one feature I wish this guitar had was independent pickup tone and volume controls so I could use one position as a kill Switch but I can live without that.

ovation08
    Bought this model in the Tobacco burst finish about a month ago. Gorgeous finish, plays and sounds nice. This guitar just feels right and comfortable against my body and in my hands.