SE Singlecut review by Paul Reed Smith

Paul Reed Smith: SE Singlecut

Purchased from: Allegro

This is a quite versatile guitar. It has a really nice clean sound, but also sounds really good with a heavy distortion, it sounds heavy, but it's not noisy at all. I'm playing it through a Randall RG75DG3 and I'm really satisfied with its tone. I play some metal, some bluesy stuff, some bossa nova... And this guitar always sounds the right way!

This is an awesome guitar, great price/quality relation. I love the finish (I own a white one, but the other colors look great too), it sounds awesome, I can get a really heavy sound out of it, but also a rich, warm, clean tone and a cool old school overdrive. I have a BC Rich Warlock Bronze too, but this one feels like a much better guitar overall. If you want to buy a high quality guitar for an affordable price, go get this one!

Looks really solid, everything looks really durable. The finish seems really good, I've bumped it against walls a few times and it didn't crack or scratch. The strap buttons seemed really solid but I replaced them with a Dunlop straplok, just in case! I would definitely use it on a gig without a backup!

It came perfectly finished, no scratches, it was perfecty set-up, the quality of this guitar is really remarkable, all the hardware was nice and shiny. The only thing I could say that was wrong was the strings, they were a bit old and rusty, but it's not a big deal, I just changed them and I was good to go!

This guitar was made in Korea, it features a Mahogany body with a flamed maple top, and a rosewood fingerboar with 22 medium frets and a 25" scale. It has 2 PRS passive humbucker pickups and a 3 way switch. It has a PRS- Designed bridge, it's kind of the same thing as a Tune-O-Matic) It came with a nice gig bag.

Seref
    This guitar is better quality than almost any Epi and low-end Gibson. The PRS Singlecut also, imo, looks like ass. So it's a trade off. Quality vs. looks.
    Benjysticus
    Alright,I've already asked the same question on another review,but what would you guys suggest?This singlecut or the SE Custom 24?