SE Soapbar review by Paul Reed Smith

Paul Reed Smith: SE Soapbar

Purchased from: Andertons

I play quite a lot of heavy rock/metal and this guitar is good for this type of music (not outstanding though). It has both a very nice clean sound and a very nice overdriven/distorted sound. This is definately one of the best sounding guitars on the market for most styles of music.

This is definitely one of the best guitars that I have ever played. It fits all types of music well (especially blues and rock). It sounds good going through all types of amps. I would definately buy this guitar again if it was stolen or lost. I love everything about this guitar as it fits my playing style so well. Comparing it to a BC Rich guitar, I prefered it even though it was more expensive as, in my opinion, it had a better sound. Anyway, this is a great guitar and I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't know what guitar to get.

Definitely very durable. It seems like it will last a long time. The strap buttons are still as strong as they were when I first got it. The finish is very good and has not worn off yet. But the strings that come with the guitar only last about 3-4 months.

The action on this guitar is perfect, nothing wrong with it. The pickups have been adjusted perfectly. Everything about this guitar is brilliant plus the finish is very cool as well.

- Made in Korea - 22 Jumbo Frets - 25 inch scale - Cutaway Body Style - Black Burst finish - Stoptail Bridge - 3-way selector with a one volume and tone control - Soapbar (P 90) pickups - PRS gig-bag