SE Soapbar review by Paul Reed Smith

Paul Reed Smith: SE Soapbar

I play rock and metal, and I usually play it through a Raven RG60 amp. Not noisy at all compared to other guitars in it's price range. Clean clear sound or heavy metal sound. Avarage sound variety. With the amp I usually practice on, it sounds better than many other guitars I've played.

I've been playing rock and metal on this guitar for about 4 months now and it hasn't failed me yet. it's got all the features I need and knocks out most guitars in the price range. Very comfortable guitar, feels good to play. It has a fast neck and it's good for main riffs, rythm, lead, solos, and shredding.

Everything seems like it will last. Hardware appears to be very durable and steady. The guitar seems very sturdy. I've brought it along with me to many places and it still Isn't scratched at all. I definately wouldn't need a backup guitar because this one has all the features I need. The only small problem is the strap buttons, but that's no big deal.

The guitar is very well made. No flaws or imperfections of any sort and stunning finish. Bridge is set up nicely. The pickups are phenomenal. They have a sort of plastic guard that cancels out some of the buzz from distortion. I was impressed at how well the guitar was put together. It looks almost like it's all one piece.

This Guitar was built in Korea. It's got 22 frets and a wide-fat neck. Solid mahogany. Beautiful sunburst finish, but I'm not sure if they make them in that color anymore, haven't seen any like it recently. I have the Soapbar II, which is a double-cutaway. Nice stoptail bridge, apparently designed by PRS exclusively for this guitar. It has tone and volume dials, and a 3-way pickup selector. Nice, clean sounding soapbar pickups. Sound awesome with a lot of distortion and excellent clean. Comes with a durable gig bag. Really excellent guitar, sounds great no matter what genre of music you play.

learningtofry
    Hi there from india, am quite a newbie to electric guitars, and was wondering if someone here could help me. I've bought a korean made Soapbar II, and quite like it. However, I am having trouble stringing the guitar. I removed all the strings thinking I'll change the entire set and once I do the bridge's movable nature is making it hard to get it back on. Plus I don;t have anyscrewdriver large enough to screw the screws back on Can anyone help. Thanks in advance.
    Benjysticus
    Hey guys,I'm a beginner player,but I'm thinking about getting this guitar.Will this guitar play nicely to a Roland Cube 30X?