SE Torero review by Paul Reed Smith

Paul Reed Smith: SE Torero

Purchased from: Coffey Music, Westminster MD

Its a very good guitar for heavy riffing and shredding on the higher strings, but it sounds really strange when its clean and it isn't really good for blues or slow rock. For instance, if you're playing a song that goes from clean to distorted, you have to take the time to switch you toggle switch the neck pickup setting, turn down your tone a bunch and then roll of some gain. Maybe its just me though (I you a really small practice amp and a Boss ME-20 pedal. Other than that, it's a great guitar.

Its a great guitar overall. Good for heavy stuff like Metallica, etc.

Great durability, I'd use it anywhere I play (I don't play in front of audiences a lot though).

There are absolutely no flaws in the making of this guitar, although for a guitar with EMG pickups, it takes a while to fix the distortion.

- Made in Korea and Shipped to US to be finished -24frets - Wide/thin - Jumbo frets - Maple neck - Ebony fretboard - No Inlays - Bound Mahogany body w/flame Maple veneer - Floyd Rose bridge - 3 way toggle switch - Master Tone and Volume - Bass pickup: EMG 85 - Treble pickup: EMG 81 - Locking tuners Also Comes with: - Gig bag - Allen wrench (for locking tuners) etc.

Bobby1959
    Alright quit picking on the poor kid. I've been playing since I was 18 , I'm 55 now. I've got 3 Les Pauls, 3 flying V's, 2 Explorers, 4 Strats 2 86 Charvels, 4 Jacksons. And 10 or 12 others floating around the house. I have stacks , combo amps and practice amps all over the house. I play metal, I have a torero. It's a monster guitar. It plays great . it's built really well and it screams like no other. I wish I would have had this guitar 20 years ago. Have a nice day
    !SOAD!
    This is the real thing! what turns me off is that it as no inlays, i love my inlays
    WhiteSoundD
    Played this guitar at a place in Reading, and fell in love with it immediatly, now to save up the 700...
    guitargod1965
    I first posted about this guitar in 2010 and still have mine. Nothing I have played since comes close to this beauty. It is an outstanding metal guitar and cleans up really nice as well. The price could easily be twice what it is. If mine were lost or stolen, I would pay $2500 to buy another one, provided that it was of the same quality as mine.
    Oosh.
    La_Deux_Machina wrote: I find it so very stupid how people thrash line 6. If you guys don't like it then WHO GIVES?? Its your opinion...and I would take my vetta....or my SPIDER (OMFG WHAT???!) Over your crap anyday. I can't believe that the first comment on this review had to do with him mentioning line 6. Wow. This is a freaking review for a guitar. I wish I could kick everyone in the ass. Point is, is that I can play what your playing...on my amps...and I can get the sounds I want...and that I desire so I'm happy. I own a vetta hd, flextone hd, and a line 6 spider iii hd150. All line 6...and I have no problems....everyone is stupid.
    A lot of Line 6 amps are modelling amps which mask the actual tone of the guitar hence why a review becomes obselete if it mentions that the guitar has been played through a Spider or something of thelike. You can play a 50 guitar through it and it'd sound very similar to a 1000 guitar played through it.
    ProgJazzMath
    xicetraex wrote: Beautiful guitar, mediocre review. I don't want to be a "zomg yew used a line6" fag, but if you're going to drop $1000 on a guitar, I'd suggest getting a better amp. And I highly doubt you shred well after playing for 2 years. Just sayin'.
    Line 6 kicks ass if you are using something other than a low priced model. The POD series has major tone and if you don't believe me, listen to Chimp Spanners "At The Dreams Edge." That's an XT or X3 I believe. Also... you can easily learn how to shred in 2 years. It's called practice.
    Bezza27
    Sorry we cant all afford marshall stacks
    <<I>>
    The^Unforgiven wrote: Wow, the guitar looks awesome. Didn't know that PRS makes metal-oriented guitars like this with EMG's and FR tremolos. I guess I'll have to check it out sometime...
    This was actually their first with a FR.
    ProphecyMaster
    Bezza27 wrote: higherworlds wrote: its funny how many people on UG dont know about good gear and gear that just sucks. I love it when people say "i played it through a line 6 spider 3 and sounds great" lol. Get a clue, are you guys tone deaf, you want a good sound spend thousands of dollars, its worth it not to look/sound like a total douche... PRS doesnt put out a bad guitar Sorry we cant all afford marshall stacks
    Fender frontman with a distortion pedal is cheaper and sounds better!!!!!
    Raining Kasch
    Beautiful guitar. Seems strange that it doesn't have any sort of fret markers, 'specially for a PRS.
    ratbertovich
    It does have them in the top side neck binding. If it's the birds inlays you miss, I share your pain; I love those.
    engineno9
    I love mine own. For the price it beats a lot of the competition and I've never had a problem with it.
    higherworlds