Standard 24 review by Paul Reed Smith

Paul Reed Smith: Standard 24

Wide range of music style you can play - BB King to Slipknot. The pickups have a wide range sound and good distotion with a good amp of course (Mesa Boogie). I play a lot of System Of A Down and Trivium songs but I also play a lot of Steve Vai so it is good for excelent solos with the right players.

The only thing I wish I had would be another one of them.

It will do very good while live and it does not drop out of tune very easily (because of the locking tuners), and I was scared at fist to bring it up on stage, because it is like a piece of art work but once I took it up there I relized it could be played live very easily and after a while you don't think of buying any other guitar and this guitar will last a life time and longer it is very "hefty" to say the least. And there is no such thing as a back up guitar with this this is the only guitar on my set list and that says alot because I own a Charvell San Dimas, a Gibson SG, Gibson Flying V, and a Gibson Angus Young SG (no offense Angus).

It has very good action and it is not sloppy at all ever when you drop tune (B F# B E G# C#), that is the lowest I have been but I think that is the lowest any body will ever need to go but don't think it is sloppy in standard tuning it is still right on the money.

USA hand made, sweet sound, and good feel. It is a double cut away like all Standard 24. Of course 24 frets. It has a trem. It also has the Paul Reed Smith locking tuners (not floyd rose style). It has HFS pickups the best I think.