Tremonti SE review by Paul Reed Smith

Paul Reed Smith: Tremonti SE

Purchased from: Sound Control

I play mostly metal and rock and this guitar suits me to the ground, the guitar has beautiful tone. I use it through my JCM 2000 with a Wylde overdirve for leads and it sounds fantastic. The tone is thick and bright and te solos cut through the rest of my band perfectly.

This guitar is a perfect match for me, I like the harshness of its distorted tones along with its warmth and brightness. The guitar looks speactacular and professional, and plays easily as well as the les paul and the mccarty. It's probably my favourite guitar I have ever played, it's everything I want and need.

This guitar definitely was made for live playing. I use it at every gig and it has never let me down and I cant see it ever letting me down to be honest. It's lightweight and durable and makes it perfect for on stage, unlike the hefty Les Pauls, this guitar is half the weight and plays just as well. Certainly designed for the stage.

Overall from the factory the guitar was more or less perfect, I adjusted the action a little bit to suit me but that's just because I am fussy. Other than that you could take it out the box and more or less gig with it.

Single Cut glossed black body, with gloss back neck. 2 humbucking passive pickups woundslightly more tightly to give a bit more of a an edge. Tone control for bridge pick up and for volume. Deluxe gig bag.