Tremonti SE review by Paul Reed Smith

Paul Reed Smith: Tremonti SE

This guitar comes out with and all around sound. It plays almost all styles above average, and excells in the heavier sounding styles of music. I prefer to play softer rock that rolls into a harder rock and it fits my style almost perfectly, but I would like a smoother sounding treble pickups. I play through a Line 6, which I purely bought out of recomendation, and I have played it through a Roland Jazz Classic. The tones come out warm, and can be altered simply by changing your volume and tone control to a darker, moodier sound.

I have gone through quite a few guitars since I stared playing. I feel almost spoiled to own this guitar, and feel as though I robbed guitar center. I've played the higher end PRS models, and while lacking the other features that I'm sure add to the value, have found this guitar to play almost as well. I am quite pleased with my bargain of a find.

I've owned this guitar for a little over three months now had have no problems what so ever with it. That comes to a great surprise to me because I am not the most gentle with things. The first guitar that I owned, a Cort, simple fell apart from the abuse. The neck split and the pickups don't work and the input jack is always loose. I haven't gigged with it yet, but I'm almost sure that it won't let me down.

I bought this guitar used from guitar center. Actually, my parents were there looking for a new guitar for my dad, and were telling the retailer that I liked to play Creed, so he showed them the guitar. It came off the truck that day, so he simply sold it to them for 350. The way I got the guitar, the top strings were a little high, but it was easily adjusted to my preferences. The black finsih has to be constanly maintained, not because it wears, but because it is black and becomes smudged easily. A quick polish every now and then makes it look as good as new. The only problem with the electronics is that it cracks when the tone controls are turnedm which is fixed easily enough.