Tremonti SE review by Paul Reed Smith

Paul Reed Smith: Tremonti SE

Purchased from: EBay

I like to keep things short, so simply, this guitar can suit any style of music. I play anything from AC/DC to Slipknot, and especially Creed/Alter Bridge so this guitar is very flexible in the sound department.

Like I said, I play anything from oldschool rock to Heavy Metal, and this guitar suits them all. I have been playing for about 2 years, and currently have a Crate amp head and 4X12 cab, Digitech "The weapon" and Grunge pedals, and a Morley Mark tremonti Wah. I also have a PRS Santana SE, Jay Turser JT50, and a Lyon by Washburn Dan Donegan LDD10. If this guitar was stolen, I would curl up in the feeble position and cry for a bit, then go buy another one. I love everything about this guitar, from the beautiful finish to the versatle playing styles to the comfortable feel the PRS always gives. I don't hate anything about this guitar, it is perfect to me. My favorite feature is probably the Les Paul like volume/knobs and Switch that can basically give anything from an awesome high tone to blues-like lows. I compared this to the Gibson Les Pauls and I chose this one for a few reasons. 1) It is MUCH lighter than a LP. 2) The volume/tone knobs are placed more convieneint for me. 3) I fully support and self-promote PRS guitars. 4) Gibson sued PRS for the LP design like the greedy SOB's they are and lost! Basically my opinion: PRS = awesome better value, Gibson = lame, overrated, overpriced, and declining quality. Give me a '56 Goldtop over one of their new ones anyday! But a PRS Singlecut with gold finish is still better! The only thing I wish I could get for my Tremonti SE is a tribal decal or paintjob like Tremonti has on his.

I think I could gig with this guitar for years, thats what is wonderful about PRS guitars, American or Korean, is that they play twice as good as any other guitar out there. The hardware is durable and could last for a long time. The strap buttons are tight and have not come loose yet. I would defenately gig this guitar without a backup, but only if I had a better amp XD.

I bought it used, but when I got it all it needed was a fresh pack of D'Addario 10's and it was ready! The pickups sound really good, probably since they're not the stock pickups and probably upgraded to Gibson or PRS pickups. Since it was used, there is a few dings on it, but that's not PRS's fault. The marks arent really noticable unless your paying good attention to the body, so other than that it is flawless.