Tremonti SE review by Paul Reed Smith

Paul Reed Smith: Tremonti SE

I mainly play rock and metal, every once in a while some blues. It handles all of them without me having ot do anything to the guitar. I just change my settings on my amp. I have had three different tunings on my guitar, and it has hanled all of them wihtout going out of tune for about a week. The pickups are wonderful. The Neck pickup is mainly for clean parts, and I use it to solo. My favortie pickup. I only use the bridge pickup for rythym in distortion. The clean sound is not that great, but otherwise, great pickups. This baby can make any sound in a solo, pinch hamronics, a harmonics, hammer ons and pull offs, even sweeping, all wihtout getting too clumped. No matter what you play, it should sound clean.

This guitar matches all styles of music, and it wont lose its sound. I own an Ibanez RG and it has had many problems, it looks like a piece of crap next to this baby. I have had this guitar for a year, hasnt failed. If I lost this guitar, I would never forgive myself. Its too good of a guitar to lose. My favortie feature has to be my neck pickup. I love it and use it all the time. One thing I wish ot had was 24 frets, but it doesnt matter that much. I actuall was going to buy a Goldtop Gibson, but this guitars sound was like none other. The playing was also alot better than the Gibson. Overall, you will get attached to this guitar like I have, and you will love it, a perfect guitar.

This guitar can stand anything. The strap buttons are wide so only have one strap on this guitar, never take it off. The strap will be a pain to takeoff because the strap buttons are so wide and tight, big reliability there. The finish on the guitar is magnificent, the paint has even been close to waring off. Even if yo put a sticker then take it off, nothing will happen. Live playing is great. It doesn't lose the sound or tuning even with the change in temparature. The hardware hasnt failed me yet and it wont. This is one reliable guitar

The action was low when I got it. But that was fine because it wasnt too low. So nothing too complain about there. The tunings were tight so they could keep the tuning better, just amazing how well it worked. The pickups were in perfect position, screwed in tight. I got it with no scrateches, dents, or anything. I have put one in though. The black and cream color looks great.

FireHawk
    the reviewers here at UG like everything too much. it seems that 9 out of 10 reviews are a perfect 10
    Yeah its not even funny how often it is like that...
    Devil boy
    yay 1st!!!! damn i luv this guitar. Looks sooo good nd mark tremonti has ta be 1 of ma fav guitarists
    bobbob1299
    Kain_Doom01
    this guitar can suit any style of music
    That p.o.s. can't play jazz...
    This guitar suits all of these styles well. I bought this guitar to replace my Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty,
    You can't compair any guitar to an epi, Epiphones are the dirt cheap crappy "Hey, it's a gibbson!" from afar guitars
    i dont get it, its an LP without a pickguard...
    It wishes it was a LP XD It's not that simple, the electronics/crap are different, an LP would blow this thing out of the water, hell, the VooDoo LP is better than this p.o.s.....
    boba899
    Necks too big and the feel is of poor quality. Too expensive for what it is.
    Guitar_Poet
    great guitar... sounds awesome, feels natural (i feel comfortable playing it), looks great, long-lasting, versatile... now theres gonna be 1000 people comparing this to guitars that cost $10,000... but seriously, for what these guitars cost, theyre amazing. i still love this guitar to death!
    Etni3s
    this guitar is 100 times better than your average Ep Lp. Powerful mics and reliable electronics. awesome finish and a good neck. 10/10.
    DR_SH
    I've been saving my cash for what seems like forever due to not being able to decide on a guitar and amp but this baby had been holding my interest for a few weeks now. I was just wondering, are the humbuckers in these the same as what he has in his own guitar? sounds a bit of a dumb question, but there's a few signature guitar I could name that would sound crap compared to what the guitarist really uses eg EPS's EMG clones instead of a real 81 85 combo .
    ROCKAHOBO
    this, a PRS SE Custom, or a epi les paul standard or custom? they all seem good and im trying them all out soon?
    vogi77
    isnt there any problem with the stopbar? can you really play even on the 22nd fret in tune? because as i see you can't change anythinge at the stopbar.
    shaunems
    can someone tell mewhat would be a better choice because im thinking bout getting the epiphone les paul custom or this prs.