Tremonti SE review by Paul Reed Smith

Paul Reed Smith: Tremonti SE

Purchased from: American Musical Supply

I play rock and metal, and there is no other guitar that I like more than this one. Period. This guitar goes from warm to bright to crunchy in no time flat, and suites all of my needs. I've played a lot of different guitars including Strat's, Les Pauls, SG's, Flying V's, Dean ML's, and I can honestly say this is the most versatile guitar I've ever used.

I plan on getting the Tremonti Treble pickup and Dragon II neck pickup for the guitar, only because I want to see if I can really make this animal scream. This guitar is perfect in every way shape and form. If this guitar got stolen, I wouldn't be able to afford another one because I would be paying fines from tracking down and beating the tar out of whoever stole it. I play this guitar through a Crate GLX 1200 head and halfstack (pretty nice bedroom rig) with a Tremonti Power Wah and Boss Metal Zone MT-2. I am, overall, 100% satisfied with this guitar, and baby the hell out of it. May be cheap in price, but you get much much more than you pay for!

This is one tough guitar. It may feel lighter than your Gibson, but if dropped I would guarantee it would outlast it. I've dropped mine one time and you can't tell, there are no marks from the fall, amazingly! I changed to locking strap buttons, but the ones that we're on there were def. solid. I would use it without a backup, but that would be stupid do do in any sense because everything has that minor chance of not working or getting broken.

This guitar came from AMS adjusted perfectly! In fact, not only was the guitar set up (pickups and action) perfectly, but it was in tune perfectly! It takes a lot of hard work to make this guitar slip out of tune, but when it does, the tuners are easy to maneuver quickly and are smooth like butter. Awesome setup!

sewoo55
    i think this guitar is nothing more than a money-making product. what a shame.... this coming from such a respected brand like PRS. go to the prs website, and take a look at the specs of this guitar and the SE Singlecut. the only things that are different from this guitar and the SE Singlecut is the position of the pickup selector, number of knobs, and colour
    nikhil_singh87
    Yes, i own this guitar, and it is the best guitar i have ever played on...u can play pretty much anything and any type of music, and i wud reccomend a DF7 distortion pedal, and a roland or marshall amp to go with it. The feel is like nothing before, and the tone is superior....it might be a little expensive but wuts a lil money compared to the perfomance u get? from simple deathcore riffs, to extreme dimebag solos, ive played everything on this guitar and have felt and heard the finest, and none less...u can sweep, shred, and tap on this...i wud reccomend light to medium gauge strings....thats wut ive got to say after owning it for a little more than a year.
    PoP N FresH
    i just palyed this for he first time at my local store....i am going to buy it very soon. i am having withdrawl symptoms from not playing it now. i freaking am addicted to prs guitars, they kick the shit out of anything else in the market and this being an se modle hits way above its price range.
    picklepopcikle
    you know, this prs looks so much nicer in real life than in the pictures. its the same with the custom se. i mite get this one...
    grayd81
    Ive brought a prs tremonti today, and i have a epi lp custom allready... in my opinion the prs is a great guitar for more modern rock, and the epi is great for old school like g`n`r.. "Only my opinion"
    Tayron27
    Dont forget the neck binding