EVH Wolfgang Special review by Peavey

Peavey: EVH Wolfgang Special

Purchased from: used

Suprisingly it fits my style perfectly, as I am really not a fan of Van Halen, or the 'brown sound'. I use it for a hard driven rock/blues. The most amazing thing about this guitar is how it resonates unamplified, it resonates almost as long as my Gibsons. I use it with my Splawn Pro Mod in gear three OD2, with an occasional boost. This guitar sounds so similar to a Gibson (498t, 500t) that most people could not distinguish it blindly.

I have played about eight years now, and have only had this guitar for three months, it is a winner. I own four Gibsons, another Wolfgang, and about twenty more guitars, and this gets an equal amont of playing as the Gibsons do. If the guitar was stolen, I would have no choice but to replace it, as it is one piece of equipment that defines my tone. I love how this guitar plays, it plays like no guitar I have ever owned. I will likely be buying one more, if it pops up for a good price.

This guitar is going to have a long life, even with the heavy abuse I put my guitars through. I would never gig without a backup, but it is just as relaible as any qulaity guitar is. The finish is relatively thick, I would actually like it thinner, it doesn't scratch easily, and is pretty durable, although it has a few dents.

Since I bought it used, I do not know how it was fron the factory, although the previous owner filed the nut and saddles, but I am unaware as to the reason why. The guitar was very cleanly put together, the neck pocket is extremely tight, the fretwork is flawless. My only small complaint is that the way the surround is around the pickup selector makes it pop out of the neck (down) position into the middle position.

I got my Peavey Wolfgang Special HardTail three months ago, and waited to review it until the honeymoon period has passed. It was made in the USA in the late 90's (I think 98 or 99, but don't know for sure). It has 22 frets medium in size, a maple fretboard and neck, with a basswood body, with a rich gold finish (think goldtop). This is the guitar EVH switched to after leaving EBMM, and is very similar. It has a two piece tune-o-matic bridge, that is very dense and solid. The pickups are made by Peavey and resemble the DiMarzio Tone Zone and the Air Norton, and it has just a simple volume knob and a backwards three way toggle switch. I got it with the origional EVH striped gig bag.

straycat113
    The first guitar is a US Wolfgang Special and because these guitars have the craziest most unstable resale value I believe without a doubt the owner paid $500 for it. On any given week you will see prices rocket up or drop down, as I have seen a factory issued Purple Standard sell for 3K, and for a while most Standards were selling in the slightly over to under 2K range though today they are pretty steady in the mid teens. The second guitar is a Korean EXP Wolfgang as all Specials that have a quilt top outside of a CS model of which that is not had a thin quilt veneer,a serial number starting with 0,a slight Satin finish on the neck and cheaper hardware. If the pups are Seymore Duncans they have been swapped out as all Wolfgangs had pups that were wound in the Peavey factory. The EBMM EVH's used DiMarzzio's that were made to Eds specs.
    zzhi63
    In this New Year occasion, a buy to open its online activities, where the order of more than 200 U.S. dollars, have a gift bask (=== http://www.bingshop.us/ =====) free shipping accept the paypal Best quality, Best reputation , Best services === http://www.bingshop.us/ ===== === http://www.bingshop.us/ ===== jordan air max oakland raiders $3439; Ed Hardy AF JUICY POLO Bikini $25; Christan Audigier BIKINI JACKET $25; coach chanel gucci LV handbags $36; coogi DG edhardy gucci t-shirts $18; === http://www.bingshop.us/ ===== === http://www.bingshop.us/ =====