HP Signature EX review by Peavey

Peavey: HP Signature EX

Price paid: C$ 300

Purchased from: Class axe guitars- Kemptville

I play rock and country. I purchased a Peavey rage 258 amp with it. it's all the amp I need for now. I think the guitar is more geared for rock but you can twang it up if your a country music player as well. not like a Fender tele but if your a beginner then this guitar will play country music. I tryed a Gretsch special jet, Peavey generation and a Fender squire custom II before deciding to buy this guitar and for the sound and overall quality compared to the others I mentioned I think there is no comparison.

Bottom line is if your looking for a quality guitar in the $300 range then this guitar beats it's competitors. Your going to get different opinions but I love playing this guitar it make me want to play more, as a beginner I think that is the biggest thing. You don't want to spend 3 or 4 hundred bucks and not enjoy playing it and it sits there.

I don't play Live gigs so I am no able to say you can do it. I imagine you can but since I have not played a Live gig I will leave that to the guys that do. the hardware is very good for this price range, and the finish is very good. you can get the signature in sunburst and pure black, I like the gold.

So far I have not noticed any real problems with the guitar, I tune it everyday and it stays in tune pretty good. You have to consider you are buying a $300 guitar so yes I am sure there is better pick ups out there, yes I am sure there is better sounding guitars out there but for the price range I honestly think it's your best value. Sound great, plays great, looks great.. what more do you want for $300 bucks.

I purchased the Peavey HP signature gold as my first electric guitar. I am not sure where it was made but for three hundred bucks I am sure it was not made in the states. it is the gold finish, very nice, it wears on you, at first I was not 100% sold on the gold but I really like it now. Has two humbuckle pickups, a tuner and a volume control for each pick up. A three way Switch that controls each pickup and the setting in between both pick ups.

kevinbeingkevin
    Yeah, I have this guitar as well. It's pretty good when I first got it I was kind of unsure but it grows on you. The humbuckers didn't give the sound I was looking for, but I got some Dimarzios in there now so, it's all good. But seriously it's a badass axe.