HP Signature EXP review by Peavey

Peavey: HP Signature EXP

Purchased from: Jerry's Music

It goes great with my music style of hard rock, I use a Fender G-DEC and a Boss DS-1, it's really noisy on U14-Underworld, it's a really hard distortion exspecially with the Boss pedal. But other than that it has a rich sound. It can a few special sounds that I've heard guitarist do and I tried but I can't do all of them.

Hard rock is what I play and this is a good match for it. I've been playing for three years but I got his in February 26, 2008. I own guitar effects and one amp, I also own a old Acoustic guitar. No there is nothing I wished I had said. I'd buy it again. It's great, I love it, there is no down side to it. My favorite features would have to be the body, it's so creative and everything. I compared it to an Ibanez and a Black Strat with a whammy. I chose this one because it sounded the best and it looked amazing. It really doesn't need anything else.

It will withstand Live playing, not all the hardware will last but I don't really know, the strap buttons are solid, of course I can depend on it, it's an amazing guitar, I might use it without any backup, it's an old guitar but the finish is like new and it doesn't wear off while I play.

It was set up great overall I think it's the best guitar I'm going to have. The pickups were adjusted just right when we got the guitar, there is a properly routed bridge, there was no flaw it was used and I still think it was better than the Strat. (Just a little dust everywhere and used strings)

It's a 1979 model, it was made in Korea, 6 frets, Rosewood frets, solid top, it's made of Mahgany, it's finish is Tiger Eye, I don't know the body style, it's bridge style is Tune-O-Matic bridge with Dual Compression, it's Passive electronics, controls are one master tone and two master volumes, two pickups, non-locking tuners and they are Grovers, no included accessories, and that's my guitar.

SERIALTRENDKILL
    hp special is one of the best guitars ive ever picked up. that thing has a range that les pauls are incapable of. its like a fender banged a les paul and birthed something better than both of em. the range, tone, quality, depth, are unbeatable. you can hit harmonics you never knew existed. the floyd rose is not a problem with htis guitar, but in fact a solution to many other guitars problems.. if you are going to complain about a floyd rose, your no real guitarist.
    ElectriPUNK
    I totally ****ing agree, floyd roses are a huge pain in tha ass.
    Rustypig
    ElectriPUNK wrote: Slayer2655 wrote: floyds are a pain in the ass unless you really need it, it takes forever to change strings, you have to reconfigure it if you want to change tunings, and you dont get as much sustain as if you had a fixed bridge. so you shouldnt wish it had one. I totally ****ing agree, floyd roses are a huge pain in tha ass.
    nope once you get used to them they're alright, just remember to keep that allen wrench handy. You can get little allen wrench holders that clip them onto the back of your heastock for you and i think some ibanez prestige models come with it standards. personally i prefer kahler tremelos, they're easier than floyd's too \m/
    drewkilljoy
    SERIALTRENDKILL wrote: you dont need a floyd rose for punk rock anyways. you wont use any of its capabilities, nor do you need a tuned guitar, or the skills to play one for that matter. so anything with a floyd rose is useless to anyone who thinks using it is tedious.
    While I do agree with not using a floyd rose for punk rock, the other 2 comments were quite ignorant. Ever listen to Bad Religion? While not shredders, the guitarists that they have are quite good.
    Metalhead3333
    I was going to buy this guitar last spring but didn't, but Im considering buying it now. Should I? Is it worth the money?
    SERIALTRENDKILL
    thats one band.i'd hope there'd be some good ones. All punk i've heard is usually a "statement" or as i hear it, incompetent of creating. Kinda like rap. Except it takes more than the "skill" of speaking (or lack there of) and you actually have to know how to hold an instrument. haha.
    SERIALTRENDKILL
    Metalhead: i've used the HP special to cover everything from old school country to Opeth and everything in between. I'd highly recommend this guitar to any player, regardless of what you play. the range is just absurd.
    xGeeTaR4LiFEx
    It's a 1979 model, it was made in Korea, 6 frets, Rosewood frets, solid top, it's made of Mahgany, it's finish is Tiger Eye..
    did anyone else notice this guitar only has six frets? lol what a range!
    drewkilljoy
    Punk is a "statement". One of the main essences of punk is that message that they convey, but it does take some creativity to create the actual music. Just as a note, I wasn't calling you personally ignorant. I don't prefer to get personal over a website and other's opinions, lol.
    SSDaniel105
    enselmis wrote: Lmao, thats like what? 1 octave? its like a junior banjo!
    6 frets is 6 half steps... 12 frets is an octave.... It can play tritones....
    The^Unforgiven
    Where a floyd is superior to a fixed bridge in many ways, it still can't be denied that a fixed bridge IS just so much less of a hassle. I'd like to see anyone open the clamps, detune the lowest string, balance the thing by adjusting the springs, close the clamps, and finally adjusting the finetuners, just to see that adjusting the system f*cked up your intonation, so you'll have to reopen the clamps and do a lot of the work again until you're FINALLY done, in the 30 seconds it takes to detune a guitar with a fixed bridge. So, it's not about floyd beign complicated or difficult to deal with, even a retard could do it, it's just about the hassle...
    THARN3
    Ive had my tiger eye finish peav-exp signature for 5 years now and it is as good as everyone here says- it has rosewood fret board not ebony- maybe a USA model has ebony. anyway- good comments - have to agree strat bangs les paul- I am a Les Paul player at heart but this guitar shares the time nicely for gigs- neck and fret board has that bit of roundness that a strat wont give you- 24 frets for shredder types- pick ups appear to be microphonic though- although they still sound real nice- haven't thought of replacing them. overall I give this a 9.0 out of the box- proper set up and care - 9.75- for $400 this guitar cannot be beat!