Mystic review by Peavey

Peavey: Mystic

It fit's really great with my playing style. My style would refer to Metal, Heavy Metal, Classical, Jazz, Buckethead type stuff. It's not that noisy. Not really any feedback from it. It's got that rich/full sound. It can make a bunch of sounds. Pretty much like any other guitar with humbuckers.

This guitar is pretty much good for any style of playing. I've been playing for 8 1/2 years and I'm in 11th grade. I own a Marshall amp, a Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor, a Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal, and a Snarling Dogs Mold Spore Wah pedal. If this guitar was stolen or lost... I'd probably never find one again. Or at least in black anyway. This guitar is sorta hard to find... I like the body style. I wish the output of the pickups were a little higher. My favorite feature is the fretboard and neck. It's really shiny! Glossy finish. It's like a fly and a fly zapper. Your attracted to it. I never really compared it to other guitars. I wish it came with a Floyd Rose. This frickin thing would look awesome with one. Chrome finsh.

This guitar can stand Live playing. I've performed with it a few times as well. The hardware seems like it would last forever. The strap buttons are solid steel in a chrome finish. This guitar is really reliable. Considering it's like 25 years old. The paint job looks fine. Maybe the finish has faded somewhat. But the paint jobs not comming off any time soon.

The action of this guitar is great! The pickups are adjusted good. This guitar does have extremely minor scratches. And the only major flaw is on the top cutaway... But nobody would notice it because when you stand up. The strap covers it. Everything else on this guitar is fine.

My Peavey was mad in 1983. It's made in USA. It has 23 frets. Which you don't see everyday. It has a maple neck and fretboard. The body is most likely maple as well. I can't really explain the body style. It reminds me of a spider or something. String-thru body with manufacurer tremolo. Railed humbuckers. One volume, two tone, 3-way pickup selector.

ch153
    Good luck finding one. It is a pretty sweet guitar though. Try looking on eBay....you might get lucky and find one!- Chris
    Mainer
    Awesome guitar. I recently read that the Mystic was Brian Welch's first electric guitar
    djBeWilmingtnNC
    This guitar is like no other. I've had mine for years and its the coolest shape of any guitar I have ever seen. It's metal in the best way possible...by being super sturdy and strong. The rail pickups look intriguing and sound tough...like a cross between fender and gibson, even as the body has been described as a cross between fender and gibson ~ strat meets flying v. But its its own baby. Peavey whips out so many guitars, plus amps and speakers, etc....somewhere along the line they blew it (1986 to be exact) when they failed to make this guitar Peavey's iconic shape, their strat, their flying V. Nothing else is quite like the Mystic, it has a certain stance and look when leaned up against a wall (you don't need a stand for it, it rests perfectly against walls without knocking the tuners) No matter how deep into metal you are, this guitar will never let you stray too far from metal's bluesy base, it has warmth at its core. The maple neck makes it Fenderesque, the V/explorer knob layouts makes it Gibbish, but the heavey duty metal knobs, the pups, the toggle switch...all very Peavey. Get one as a reminder of a once-awesome company that cut its teeth in the 80s by providing good quality American-made gear at prices a working-class band could afford, and in so doing helped advance the rocknroll scene immeasurably!