Predator review by Peavey

Peavey: Predator

Purchased from: Absolute Music - Fairborn, OH

The sound is good. I could play everything from Wild Cherry to Black Sabbath. I upgraded to some Texas Specials. They have a lower sound that I'm gonna try to play with when I get the chance, but I still like em. It gives it a fuller, more consistent sound. I just run it through a little Crate, and have a Wah Wah too.

I like pretty much everything. If I can learn it, I'll play it, and I've pretty much been able to find a sound that makes me happy. I've been playing for maybe 5 years and need to take some lessons to help learn more. This was my first guitar. I now own a Jasmine Takamine acoustic, and built an electric off parts from Ebay (which I later sold for a small profit). Whenever theh guy I bought it from sees it, he always says how he likes it, and would have bought it himself if I didn't. When I had the two guitars I went in to see if I could trade both of them in for 1 higher quality one, and he offered me $150 for it. Remember, I only paid 120 for it, and that included a butt ugly had shell case, and it didn't have the Tex Specials yet.

I've beat it up TRYING to be like Jimi and it's still kickin! I've really only had it in my room, so it hasn't "gotten out much." But I'm not afraid to to play with it.

The action is great. When I got my acoustic I had to lower the strings, but I've never touched these. Like I said above, the new pickups need a little more adjusting, but nothing major. Over all body is great except for a litle wear from age. The only problem I've had is a loose knob on the selector Switch.

This is a 1993 American made Peavey Predator. A great guitar. I was looking for something I could not only learn on, but grow with. This is a Strat with a poplar body and a maple neck, 22 frets with 3 single coil pickups, 1 volume and 2 tone. 5 position selector, standard stat pickup. Off white color with plack pickguard, knobs, and pickups.