Predator review by Peavey

Peavey: Predator

My music style is a harder type of blues, a bit heavy metal and normal rock, mixed with alternative. I use this Epoch amp, the ones you get at target, and I have never considered usin effects. The distortion sound is kinda trashy on some amps. The clean settings are very clean and flowing. I always keep the selector on the double humbucker. This guitar a strange issue with tapping, so whenever I tap, it's rather soft and quiet. that's a serious complaint about it for me.

Since I play blues, metal, and alternative, it fits pretty good, just that I don't like that the distortion is so trashy sounding. I've been playing for 2 years, got serioius only 3 months ago. I own a Squier and a classical, and I like my Peavey the best. It has impressed all of my friends for 4 months. If it was stolen, I'd go crazy, but I'd get something else, because I am more of a SG fan. Howver, I'd get this if no SG is available. I really do love this. Compared to Yamahas, Gibsons, Epiphones, and watever else, only Gibson and Epiphone had ever had guitars that seem better than this one. Their strats had sometimes better necks, or better feel to them. My favorite thing about my Strat is it has stuck hardcore for the last 10 years since it was produced. It has great sound, amp or no amp. it's seriously that button and that distortion! I only wish it had a whammy bar, I'd love to hear wat it would sound like on this guitar.

This guitar can stand nearly the harshest playing. But I wouldn't consider doing that because it is such a beautifal guitar. Like I said before, the strap buttons can get loose pretty easily, be careful with it. I'd use this and trust that it wouldn't wreck on me. It's a hardcore guitar. The finish never came off before when I used it. I always give it a very monthly polish for looks. I really appreciate that it's good enough for traveling and it being dragged around so much.

The action on this was perfect, a low setting, perfect for playing for long periods and not hurting your hands. The pickups are perfectly in place, by wat I see, and I'm looking at it now. The guitar is perfectly lined up, excellent bridge settings, I have never had trouble with it. The only thing about this guitar is that if you band it up bad, you'll get issues. I hit the end of my strap button against concrete and now, it's all loose and annoying.

It's a very beautiful looking guitar, standard 21 frets, but I never found out where it was made. The neck is a normal size, maybe a little flatter than some guitars. It is a solid top, and I think the wood is maple. I got a transparent top finish, and it's Strat design makes it look very hard-rock. It is a string-through-body guitar, and I sometimes have trouble fitting strings in because some of the old strings lower pieces get stuck in there. There are 2 tone knobs, 1 volume, and a 5-way selector. I have a double humbucker, and 2 singles. I got the guitar and nothing else as accessories.

Zappanator
    what the hell mine didnt have a floyd rose, and it didnt have single coils either it looks totally different....o well i sold it
    Thrash_fire666
    I have this guitar and i play it through a standard effects pedal and my marshal and its pretty good i have a les paul and it doesnt even compare but for the price non of you newbs should be complaining it was cheap good for just messing around. it would never make an appearence at my show but its great to jam with and mine is tottaly diff. i gott double hunbucks and a floyds.
    marshall_snipes
    i agree with most of the things in this review, there are a few things that were not accurate. for example my predator has 22 frets and came with a whammy. this was my first guitar and still the most played