Predator Plus EXP review by Peavey

Peavey: Predator Plus EXP

It suits my music style well and has a good thicck sound when "chugging" through palm mutes and the like. It makes good metal sounds and it's pretty good in solos but as in many stock pickups it's not great in the highs. The locking trem does a good job at keeping it in tune during dive bombs and squeeling harmonix out of it. Though the pickups aren't the best at picking these up like with tapping.

I play metal and new metal and grunge, it suits my playing style quite well. I own a knock off Strat which is totally pants and a Fender DSP 15 watt. I wish I had asked for an effects pedal or something like the Vamp 2. If it was stolen I would nto buy it again as my playing style and ability has progressed, though this is a sound axe. I wish it had EMGs but the guitar is not worth the money. There is nothing I hate about this guitar.

The hardwear will last even though I've only had this guitar for about 9 months. The stap buttons are solid and well placed but I would like them a bit bigger. The floyd needs constant balencing during string changes, it kinda pisses me off, I would like a trem that has the locking type thing at the colar because I don't use the trem bar that much.

From the factory the set up was not the best. After about 2 weeks I had to balence the trem which takes hours and I don't really want to bother doing. The pickups seem well adjusted though I don't know alot about them. The paint job is very good and the white binding tops it off, near the neck join the binding is not the highest quality. Nothing has broken on me yet.

I don't know what wood it is unfortunateley. It's 25.5" scale. Mine is in black. It's got a 3-way pickup selector Switch and 1 volume and 1 tone knob, it has 2 humbucking pickups which play well. It has a floyd rose double locking trem.

Hobodeter
    Since when have they put floyds on these? I have one and it just has a standard tremelo, and two single coils with one humbucker.
    ppredator
    nup ... ive one two ... and it ****ing rullez . 2 humbuckers ... floyd rose ... just great .. the only problem in the guitar is a noise that it does frequently when the strings are old ... (i dont know how to say in english) x) ... really great guitar for those who are starting
    BuzzingForYou17
    I picked one up on eBay for $125. I threw on an EVH D-tuna system like the Wolfgang (my bro has one) and now this thing is sick. You can drop it to D and bring it back up to E without even touching the tuners. In my opinion this feature is a MUST HAVE for any guitar with a double locking trem. Otherwise you have to loosen the locks everytime you want to fix tuning. By the way, this beast NEVER goes out of tune! Oh yeah, and like the review says, it isn't easy to re-string. The Floyd-Rose is for pros only.