Predator Plus EXP review by Peavey

• Reviewer's score: 5 Decent
Peavey: Predator Plus EXP

This guitar does not sound all that great with distortion, (but using a pedal, such a Boss DS 1 Distortion works). With slight overdrive it is okay. When I use this guitar it is usually clean. I used to use my Crate amp with this guitar, but now I just use the Peavey Backstage amy with it for the most part.

Overall, this guitar was perfect for when I was starting off playing about 2 years ago, but now that I am more advanced it's not well used. The only reason why I haven't sold it off is because it was my first guitar, but if it were lost or stolen, I would buy a different guitar in a flash.

I did three live shows with this guitar, but it was nothing too much. I did a music competition for solo/ensemble, played the National anthem, and talent show in which I used this guitar for playing the solo behind my back because I knew that if I were to drop it, it probably wouldn't fall apart which moves to the point of durability. I think it is a very solid guitar. I bumped it into walls and dropped it a few times and it still seems to handle good. The ony bad thing was that the strap pegs are too small, and one of them actually got stripped out during a practice session. I just screwed in a longer screw. I also use strap locks. The output jack on the guitar also over time started to get real loose. I can trust it to use at a gig without a backup, but I wouldn't.

When I got this at first, my tuning pegs were pretty loose, but that was an easy fix. Everything else was correctly put together and I had no problems with electronics, when I got it, but later on had problems with the output jack on the guitar. The finish was flawless.

This Strat-like style guitar has 21 frets on a 25 1/2" scale. It has both a volume and a tone knob as well as a tremelo bar. This guitar came in a starter pack along with a soft case guitar bag (which fell apart), a strap (that fell apart), guitar picks, an extra set of strings, a cable (not good quality), a instructional dvd, and a Peavey Backstage amp. It is perfect for beginners.