PXD Twenty-Three III Review

manufacturer: Peavey date: 10/07/2014 category: Electric Guitars
Peavey: PXD Twenty-Three III
The guitar has met my expectations and other musicians with whom I play.
 8.8
 9.6
 1,279
review (1) pictures (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
PXD Twenty-Three III Reviewed by: victorhugoleite, on october 07, 2014

Purchased from: Playtech

Features: Well, first of all, I'm a Brazilian musician, so my English isn't good. My girlfriend bought this guitar for me. She was made in 2014 and crafted in China. 24 frets, rosewood scale. Solid-top. The body's wood is basswood and the neck wood too. She's like a Mosrite Gospel or ESP RZK-I, you know? Or like a strange SG... The bridge is a tremolo bridge. Passive electronics. Oh, just one pickup! Yeah... One humbucker. One volume control, one tone control. The tuners are so bad... I put on my guitar Gotoh tuners! Included accessories: gig bag, cable and strap. // 9

Sound: Well, my sound is a jazz-fusion sound. My band, "Os Jorjões" (it's something like The Georges) play music in that style. Some music is a "blues'n'brazilian'roll." Well... The 23th Peavey it's a good guitar for any style. Jazz, bossa, rock 'n' roll, surf music... The pickup had a good definition and don't make noise. I've been playing with a Marshall Valvestate without pedals and sounds like Angus Young! Cool as f--k! Rich and full sound. I never use pedals, so the sound it's real. I think that when you turn on a top guitar with 100 pedals it's equal to turn on a $50 guitar. The guitar can make evil sounds, like Rammstein sounds! Yeah... Very attractive! Also the clean parts in any music will be nice. Clear and bright sound, without distortion. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar set-up at the factory... Hm, not bad, not good. The tuners are bad. Korean tuners. The only pickup has a good definition and sounds clear. He had a nice black looking, but I'll buy one Seymour Duncan for me or EMG. The only negative point is the tuners... The tuner from "A" string... God! A piece of sh-t! When I changed them was like "WOOOOOOOOW"! Another world... Well, the guitar doesn't have any flaws. It's a good wood, good paint finish and the hardware looks good. The nut it's perfect and the controls and all hardware it's ok. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I've been playing in various studios and gigs and she never disappointed me. Real wood, real hardware. Professional guitar! The guitar will last. The finish is perfect and it does not seem bad. Even more now that I have spare Gotoh and soon parts of Seymour Duncan. I intend to keep it forever! Further their entire matte painting... Also because Richard Kruspe of Rammstein has a very similar guitar. No Peavey, but the ESP and I'm a big fan of Rammstein. I think the lime is a very good wood and is very durable. The basswood has very interesting and sounds that many people underestimate. Ah! The guitar has a headstock shark I had ever seen, with tuners instead. Sensational! // 10

Overall Impression: Well, my overall impression is good. The guitar has met my expectations and other musicians with whom I play. I play a different style... It's a jazz-fusion with a hint of blues and Brazilian rock 'n' roll. It would be nice if she had a pickup in the arm, but that's okay. I see Jimmy Page playing and soloing always pickup in the bridge and I do not care. In short I recommend the guitar! This business of guitar beginner or professional... Dude, what nonsense! It does not exist. Here in Brazil it has a lot and people always fall into this litany. Vendors are always wanting to push you a Gibson or Fender. It is somewhat ignorant that. // 9

Comments