Raptor review by Peavey

Peavey: Raptor

Purchased from: Foxs Music

If you buy the Peavey pack you get a Raptor amp with the guitar this is what made me buy it. It's a great starter guitar but once your past the basics you need a bit more class. The guitar itself has 5 different sounds which is why it sounds so good in so many different ways. The sound all depends mainly on the amp which is great if you get the pack. the guitar sound is really quite good especially the clean optins and the trebles.

I've been playing around 6 months and have an electric and two acoustics. If my guitar was stolen I'd buy the same amp but phreaps an ESP or Gibson (saving up for ESP). There's nothing about playing the guitar you can hate, even hard songs are fun to learn (hotel Calofornia solo, i'm only half way threw and I've been learning it for around 1 and a half months).

The guitar would stand live playing as it rarely goes out of tune unless I do it it's a great solid instrument and I rekon I can depend on it to get me threw quite a few gigs.

The pickups on the guitar are fine you can lower and higher wich is great for effects.When i bought my guitar I took it back to the shop twice and fixed it myself once if it wasn't under garuntee I'd have had to pay nearly 50 pounds to get it fixed. the problem wasd the soket kept coing loose.