Raptor review by Peavey

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Peavey: Raptor

Purchased from: Ward Brot

I love to play punk and metal and grunge but I got a soft side to so I play some softer stuff. It plays most good. Although it's hard to get a reallyt authentic punk sound from it. It plays metal pretty good. Cept I kinda want a V or an Explroer. It's got nice acoutcic sound not plugged in but it plays pretty slick for my first guitar. You can play alot on this. I found it hard to play blues but I just need bigger strings mi think.

I play metal and punk and grunge and it covers these pretty good. I'v obly been playing for a half a year and I wanna get soem pedalks but I just use the amp how it is. If this was stolen I wouldn't re purchace athis guitar. I would probably geta Gibson Faded V or a an Explorer or an SG. I really like some aspects of this guitar (very strong neck-dont hav to tune ever) but it makes me feel held down when I play it. Like I'v already hit the limit of the craziness I can do wit this guitar. Like I'v pushed it to its limit I didn't really compare when I got this cuz I didn't care what I got I just wanted to play. I wish it had soem Emg-85 (81) pickups in like cladio uses from Coheed And Cambria and some strap locks would be nice.

I play my guitar alot since I hav nothing else to do and I get pissed and jam on it. And I barely ever hav to tune it. That's my fav thing about this guitar. This guitar will definetly lasta long time it's dropped on em many of times int he half year iv owned it. Strap buttons suck! You could depend on this but you'd weant a back up finish is.

When I took it out of the box the strap lock was busted and bent so that pissed me off but I din't care. The strap is always fallin off on me when I'm just holding it standing up. So you might wanna buy biggers pegs. Everything else is good. The finish isn't that good scracthes and smugdes are everytwhere.

Funny it the tag says "buy american" but if you check the back it says made in China lol. 21 frets, not sure wat the neck is, black finish. 1 volume knob one tone knob got it wit Preavy amp bag, picks extra strings.