Raptor review by Peavey

Peavey: Raptor

Purchased from: Guitarworks Calgary

I usually play hard rock/metal stuff so it does suit me pretty good seeing how it has a very good low sound. I dosen't so as good when playing the higher, lead kind of stuff. I use my Peavey Rage 158 with it and does deliver a good sound. I don't own any effect pedals right now but I have played it with a Wah-Wah and it sounded great. I have tried it with overdrive and it sounded ok not as good as the wah-wah though.

This guitar is pretty good for me seeing how I'm still a pretty much a beginner. I love the sweet low sound and the finish. I hate how small the button straps are though. It was either this or an Epiphone Les Paul Special II. I think I made the right choice though. Overall this guitar is pretty good.

It's pretty durable no dents or scratches in mine and I've had it for a few months. Agian The only problems I've had with it are that the strap buttons blow and are way to small and the cable plug in thing is way to loose. It were stolen I'd probably pick up a BC Rich Platnium series MockingBird or a Epiphone SG, not a Raptor.

The guitar looks identical to a Strat so it's looks pretty good especially with the transperent blue finish. I've only had two flaws with it so far. The strap buttons are way to small! I've had it fall of many times. The other flaw is with the thing were you plug the cable into the guitar. Well that think is very loose! Every time you unplug it you have to tighten it a bit. But that might be an insolated incedent.

The Raptor has 21 frets (wierd) with a Mahogany neck. The body is almost, if not, identical to the Fender Stratocaster. Comes with transparent finish (mine is blue) with a white pickguard that is laminated. It has one humbucker and 3 pickups. It has Volume and tone control and a 5-way pickup selector. It also has a tremelo bridge.