Raptor review by Peavey

Peavey: Raptor

Purchased from: foxs music

I like to play rock and metal music, so the sound is fairly well suited. The pick ups allow for a real heavy sound, but a clearish sound as well. I am currently using a basic Peavey amp, with no extra effects, apart from distortion given the type of music I play. The guitar, combined with the amp, can give an average sound, which sounds more full than rich, and I ususally use it on full toen, volume, distortion and also on the humbuk. The guitar is more suited for metal or grungde guitarists, but the sounds made are a little weak compared to other guitars. There is a variety if you know how to use the guitar.

I play metal music and this guitar has enough variation and sound controls for me to play this typoe of music. I have been playing over a year now, and own an acoustic, as I used to play classical music. If the product was lost or stolen, I would get the same guitar because I really do like it that much. I love the look and variety on this guitar. The thing I hate is the tuning pegs, they seem to move sometimes, but that's probably because of they way I play it. If you're thinking about buying this guitar, you should, it's really good for the money.

I would say, because I am playing in a new band, that this guitar will take some beating, but take care of it. I have looked after mine, and dropped it a few times, and its still fine. The strap sometimes falls off, which is reall annyoing, but this is because the holes in the srap are dogdy, which I suppose can be easily changed. I would take a back up guitar, but it would be another one of these. I have got used to this guutar and am happy playing it as a new player. The finish on the guitar is well done, so the colour and design shouldn fade.

The way the guitar has been put together is pretty good. Some of it looks a little tacky, but all round it is good. The first day implayed it, I pulled the metal around the cable plug in off, so watch out for that. My advise would be to tighten it before you play. The pickupos are ace, no real compliant around them. Some of the pick up settings give a lot of noise off, but the volume of the playing usually drowns that out, so no worries.

This guitar is a fairly new model, and was more than lightly put together in Japan or USA, still not sure. The guitar has twenty one frtes, and the threat sizes are thin, but give enough room for all guitarists off all levels. The guitar has two controls and a lever to choose the pickups. There are tone and volume controls on the guitar, and a 5-way pick up choice. There are two single ciols, and one humbuck coil, which give a clear sound, and are well fitted. The tuners unfortuanetly are non locking. With this guitar, which is my first one, I got an amp, which is by Peavey, a gigbag, strap, and cable. I also got a tuner as well, so was well worth the money.