Raptor review by Peavey

Peavey: Raptor

Purchased from: Alexandria Music

The sound on this guitar is great. It sounds perfect with a RMS 20 watt amplifier. The sound is great when you put the distortion on full and the high about 3 quarters of the way full. It can make almost any sound you can think of and it's perfect for rock. It doesn't make any buzzing noises or any undesierable sounds. It has a rich sound to it that I love about it.

This Guitar is great for punk rock. It has a great sound and it is a guitar of excellent quality. This guitar is an excellent choice for begginers. It is easy to play and use. If it were stolen or broke I would probably stay with Peavey and if I could I'd get another.

It is perfect for Live playing and it can withstand heavey strumming. The strap buttons are perfectly solid and the hardware is stong enough to withstand anything. It is durable and can take most impacts. The tunning doesn't wear off as you play and continues make a great sound after months of playing.

The guitar was in great shape. The pickups were adjusted great and the bridge was properly routed. It was flawless and of great quality. It was perfectly made and created a great sound. The turning pegs were perfectly tightened. The saddle was perfectly fit and it was easy to use.

It included a gig bag, RMS amplifier, Fender strap, cable, and a Tuner. It had two tone controls and a volume control on the body. It was made out of maple wood with a flamed top. The gig bag was kinda torn on the inside but it still protected the guitar from small impacts. The amplifier was a perfect match for the guitar. The Fender strapp broke the first time I used it which was bad. The cable was a small five foot cable but it was a good one. The tuner was great it locked perfectly and made my guitar sound awesome.

Devilar
    lol ok guitar for beginnners but after u compare with others this guitar blows chunks in other words it sucks!!!!! lol
    sniper_wolf90
    i have this guitar with a peavey backstage amp...and they both blow. i played a Ltd. F-250 plugged into a Spider II and judas preist what a friggin difference.
    IDisposableHero
    i have the earlier model raptor and it is great for a beginner guitar. Way better amp and guitar than the Fender Squire. Apparently Peavy went cheaper with this model the past couple years and its not as good anymore.
    yalaki
    Yeah i get the impression Peavey are producing cheaper stuff now. My old Raptor did me well for my first year or so of playing. I'd be interested to see how it feels now that I'm a bit more experienced!
    timmymaines
    i had this guitar before it was my frist ever since i have owned schecters jackson ibanez squiar b.c.rich dean and well all i can say is this guitar blows thats why it may rest in peaces
    krontoe
    This was my first guitar. I would say that it makes a great axe for beginners, but my pickups broke after a year. It's a decent guitar.
    qlmaX5
    Do any Peavey Raptors here have 'International Series' as part of the insignia on the head?