Raptor II review by Peavey

Purchased from: UngaBunga Music

I mostly play rock/metal, so the humbucker will do it very well most of the time. I use the 15W Rage amp that it came with, and even just with that, if you play with the EQ a little, you can get some real good sound. However, you can get it to where the high sound from the humbucker sounds awful, so I stay away from turning up the high frequency on the EQ too much. The guitar handles the dist. Just fine, even when i Switch to the single pickups, they do fairly well with it.

I am very impressed with this guitar, it's a solid, well built, reliable guitar. I've been playing for +/- 4 years, and this guitar can keep up with me. I'll be adding on some digitech effects soon, and i've already tried them on this guitar, and they sound great. It's not how it compares with other expensive guitars, but how it compares with other guitars in its own price range, and if you can't tell by now, it blows them away.

A fairly reliable guitar, everything feels very solid, and plays well, finish doesn't come off, solid strap buttons, although I would keep a backup just in case, though I doubt you would need it, but I haven't had it long enough to put it through all its paces just yet.

I've had this guitar for roughly 6 months, and already the plastic on the pickguard is starting to come off, but that's the only flaw i can find (you can't even tell where the plastic has come off). No scratches dents or anything like that yet, and i take it to every performance I have.

21 frets (weird), 5 way pickup selector, 1 volume knob, 1 tone knob. S/S/H pickup config. Transparent finish (blue for me), body is nearly identical to a Strat. Vintage style bridge. The guitar itself is $140, but I bought the gig pack (guitar, 15W amp w/dist, cable, gig bag, tuner, picks, extra strings.