Raptor II review by Peavey

Purchased from: Ted Goods

I usually use my Peavey Backstage amp (don't ask why) and it soudns ok, but when used with alot of distortion it sounds pretty bad. It can usually play all kinds of music but the pickups I have on it usually make it overdrive when the knob is set at 3 or 4. It has a nice bright sound to it but I think it's played best with clean. I usually play rock or metal and it sounds ok. It sounds amazing when it's plugged into my friends Fender amp though, gives is really good distortion.

I play lots of rock and it sounds great with Fender amplifiers. I have been playing for a couple years and this was my first guitar. If it were stolen I'd probably go buy an Iommi G-400 as I hear good reviews about it. I really hate the strap pegs on this thing but I love how it's a nice solid beginners guitar. I wish it had a better pickups standard.

Yes this guitar will withstand live playing as I have done it before. The hardware seems it will last, its in good condition and I bought it second hand. The strap buttons are ok, but they are a little small which can be a problem. Yes I can depend on it, but I would probably use a backup just incase, and yes the finish is still shining on it.

The pickups were ok, but they aren't very good with very high distortion and overdrive. The strap pegs are really small which usually makes the strap fall off, I can't remember how many times it fell off when I was performing. The volume and tone knobs are really lose which usually causes it to turn alot when I even slightly bump the guitar.

21 Frets, nice color, and a nice neck. Nothing else came with it.