Raptor Plus EXP review by Peavey

Peavey: Raptor Plus EXP

Purchased from: Music Stop

It suits my style, I play mainly metal and a bit of rock here and there. I'm currently still using my starter amp, and a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone, distortion pedal. This is very good for that unique Slayer sound. It can be loud, low, high, suits almost any preference. Can play anything from Maiden, to Black Sabbath, or Slayer.

I play metal, it's a pretty good match. I've been playing for about 5, almost 6 months. Before I bought it, I wish that I would've asked about the other kinds of guitars, because I really didn't know what I was buying at that moment. If it were lost, I'd probably get a BC Rich Platinum Warlock or Beast, or a Platinum Pro if possible. I recently compared it to my friends, Nova and Squier Starter Kit. The Nova had a year and a half of play, so I really couldn't compare durability. But the Raptor seems to get better sound than both of the others. The Squier had really bad feedback, even if you turn it below 5, on all settings. The Peavey only has feedback if I crank everything, and my pedal to 15.

This guitar would stand live playing, but like any other guitar, don't play live without a backup. The hardware doesn't seem to have any flaws so far. I could depend on it, but as I said, always have a backup. The finish seems like it well last forever.

The guitar came with one small flaw, witch could be fixed, one funny fret. The pickups were perfect. Everything else was perfect.

It has 21 frets, jumbo frets, and I believe it is made out of maplewood. Has 1 tone, 2 volume, and 3 way selector. Two single coil pickups, and 1 humbucker. It was a Starter Kit so, it came with a cheap gig bag, an ok strap, cable, picks, tuner, extra strings, and a 12 watt amp. Or 10.